V8 engine on a bicycle? anyone? Seriously...

GoldenMotor.com

Merlin

Sep 17, 2008
yeh I was thinking that too, I just saw an 800CC BMW in the weekend paper for less than that.

But ****, if I had the money I'd have one of those in an instant.

a 100CC V8, I wonder what it sounds like...

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
All I want for Christmas is a $6000 Model v8... lol(c)
Wow! I coulda hadda V-8...

but I got a china girl "slant 1" instead.

(And by "slant", I refer to the angle of the cylinder. Thought I better clarify that one!)

Brenton

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
I Would Love To Have A Supercharged One But That Would Almost Be 6000 Dollars You Could Build A Real Motorcycle With A V8 For That.
Yeah, but even some people still prefers to ride a motorized bicycle than a motorcycle. Think of it this way: There are bicycles that would cost as much but are not even motorized, yet people buy them. It's like a high end luxury motorized bicycle. It would be like comparing a Ferrari with a Toyota.

Technocyclist

Jul 7, 2008
Asia
Hey, I know this engine is very expensive, but besides the cost who's going to stop you. I know there are lots of technical guys out there... Maybe we can melt those chinagurls into these things... I hope the chinese will come up with a version of this engine. Maybe we can write to those Chinese manufacturers and specify to make one of these. They're already producing some very good R/C engines, so why not a mini V6 or mini V8 engine. I think if there's a market, they'll manufacture these babies. :D

OSCAR383

Jul 22, 2008
WEST FRANKFORT, IL
how about a mini hemi with displacement on demand so when you idle it only runs four cylinders . (p/s you can buy the real hemi for 5,200) so the mini sould be less

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Look carefully at this old pic.
Now if you take a shortened Ford 9 inch rear end driveshaft it wouldn't be too hard to drop in a 429 cobra jet with a c6.

That old pic actually does look like it may have something like a Model T driveline as a knife grinder oh yes.

Attachments

Technocyclist

Jul 7, 2008
Asia
You would have to find an incredibly heavy duty bike to mount that engine on... probably in the form of a motorcycle frame, not a regular bike.... =P
I think a custom stainless steel frame, but if it's really going to be sporty and could afford an engine like this, then a custom titanium frame could do. :D

This would probably the most expensive luxury motorized bicycle you can use on the streets... :D

I would still go for a used engine like this...

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I'd settle for a reasonably-priced lightweight V-twin that could fit in a cantilever frame.