Where to buy Beach / Stretch cruisers online??

GoldenMotor.com

RandyWhite

Jul 23, 2011
Idaho
I'm looking for reputable places to buy beach cruisers and stretch cruiser, Preferably multispeed bikes. Other than the brick an mortor stores like Walmart Target, Kmart etc.

I have already ordered from bikebuyers.com (recommended), what are the alternatives out there? Prefer first or second hand knowledge.

RandyWhite

Jul 23, 2011
Idaho
Not a bad site, but a lot of the pictures are the exact same as bikebuyers. Looks like they might be dropshipping. The price on bikebuyers looks cheaper on the few I compared once you gfigure in shipping.

Any other sites?

RandyWhite

Jul 23, 2011
Idaho
I'll have to dig through phat cycles. A quick check of beachbikes shows the same issue as chubbys. I can get the same bike cheaper from bikebuyers.

I just assumed that there would be more models of beach cruisers than the 5 Schwinns, and the 3 from bikebuyers that that don't have coaster brakes.

I'm tired of building the same handful of bikes. Unfortunatly I don't have the budget for a stretch cruiser yet.

RandyWhite

Jul 23, 2011
Idaho
Ventura has a small selection of bikes, only 1 of which include a mens multispeed. The only stretch is discontinued.

And 1-6 weeks delivery is a little much.

Wm Holden

Jun 1, 2011
Ventura California
Ventura has a small selection of bikes, only 1 of which include a mens multispeed. The only stretch is discontinued.

And 1-6 weeks delivery is a little much.
It's a small store and I administer the website myself (its FAR from complete...call and ask for boze...tell him what your after...
He's got that store packed with good stuff...and if you tell him you got him off of the net he will bend over backwards to build momentum for you.
JMO

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
I'm looking for reputable places to buy beach cruisers and stretch cruiser, Preferably multispeed bikes. Other than the brick an mortor stores like Walmart Target, Kmart etc.

I have already ordered from bikebuyers.com (recommended), what are the alternatives out there? Prefer first or second hand knowledge.
Randy, check this thread also for some retailers for Stretch Cruisers & Choppers just click on the link below:
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=22533
C.H.

subsailortrainman

Jun 26, 2012
Columbia SC
Try www.affordabike.com
They are located in Charleston SC I just picked up a cruiser from them.
The neat part is you get to totally design your bike. You pick the color of the frame, chain guard seat pedals fenders, fork and even down to the grips and color of the chain.
Then they assemble and ship your bike. The steel frame cruiser starts at 150 bucks, and the extended frame aluminum starts at 200. You can even pick rim color, and tire colors!!!!
Mine was $170 and I have a kit on the way for my first build.

Dave

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Try www.affordabike.com
They are located in Charleston SC I just picked up a cruiser from them.
The neat part is you get to totally design your bike. You pick the color of the frame, chain guard seat pedals fenders, fork and even down to the grips and color of the chain.
Then they assemble and ship your bike. The steel frame cruiser starts at 150 bucks, and the extended frame aluminum starts at 200. You can even pick rim color, and tire colors!!!!
Mine was $170 and I have a kit on the way for my first build.

Dave
Neat idea, how is the quality compared to, say, a Walmart/Target $170 Schwinn?

subsailortrainman

Jun 26, 2012
Columbia SC
Well, basically it's a made in china bike, so I would say similar to the big box bikes. The frame welds look very good. the wheels seem to be true and the paint is very good. I am a little nuts, so I got mine disassembled (lots of pieces in a box. cause I like putting stuff together.) I suppose the cost is about 50 bucks more than a big box bike, but I like to support the little guy, and I really like the idea of choosing your colors and stuff to truly customize your bike. They are currently low on some colors, but are expecting to have the next container in in about 4 weeks. Very nice bunch of young guys. I would give them a look see, or as I say.... Give em the once over..twice!

Dave brnot