Does anybody have this part????

GoldenMotor.com

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
Hey guys i took my flat tire of my chopper and fix it last night but when i went to take the chain off i found out that the clip for the master link was missing, must have fallen off, thankfully i still have the master link and its washer but i need that clip... i was hoping that maybe one of you guys might have one that you don't need???? and could just send it to me via an envelope in the mail... i think the chain is #41 roller chain and all it needs is that clip... so if someone would send me one it would be greatly appreciated .shft. thanks

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
do you have any extra chain links? pick up a chain tool & don't use a master link any more. i'm going to be carrying a few links & my chain tool w/me so i can handle it on the road.

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
Yes i have some extra chain links... but i dont have a chain tool? what does that do??? i always used the dremel and grinded the two pins, then i tapped them out...

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
a chain tool does the same as your dremel, but puts it back together, too.:)

basically, it's a tiny press that pushes the pin out instead of ruining it, so you can add or remove links. there;s a good cheap one at Harbor Freight.

if you have a Fastenal or even a good Ace hardware, or any other industrial fastener place around you, they'll have a masterlink for a 41 chain.