Flatless Tires or tubes ????

GoldenMotor.com

Michigan1

Mar 4, 2009
Arizona
I had an experience today that scared the crap out of me. My front tire literally blew out with a bang........came close to crashing several times before I got stopped..........I've had nothing but problems with flats.....I have 700c x 35-38c tires on. I've had so many flat tires in just a few months........This one was REALLY scary to me!!!!!!!!!

I certainly try to keep the tires inflated to what seems a reasonable level. I've put the Green goo in the tires............I really don't ride on bad junk.........

I am 6' 4" and about 260............ any tire recommendations? I would love to go tubeless if that would help........This one was scary so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denver Dave

May 26, 2009
Queen City of the Plains
Michigan, since yours is the first post of page 7 I'm not going to go back and read the last six pages of this thread. I suffer from the same problems. I have AT LEAST five flats a week, mainly from my rear tire. I got so sick of it I decided to try a solid tire and I will never go back.

I bent my rim one day and had to use my old setup...two flats on the way into work and one on the way home.

Now, I'm sure the previous six pages of this thread are full of healthy dialog regarding this very thing. I don't care - it works and I'm not covered in grease when I show up to work or get home at night.

I got mine directly from Nu-Teck - I got it two days after I ordered it - even with a custom PSI.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Hey guys let me give you some advise, if you are going with airless DO NOT get the type that goes into your normal tire, get the ones that are the tire as well. I have experience with them and the "tube" type are very heavy and it does not get very tight in the tire. This looseness makes it feel like your pulling through an almost flat tire all the time and it will eliminate your ability to just coast. With these types you will be pedaling pretty hard even going downhill.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
I had an experience today that scared the crap out of me. My front tire literally blew out with a bang........came close to crashing several times before I got stopped..........I've had nothing but problems with flats.....I have 700c x 35-38c tires on. I've had so many flat tires in just a few months........This one was REALLY scary to me!!!!!!!!!

I certainly try to keep the tires inflated to what seems a reasonable level. I've put the Green goo in the tires............I really don't ride on bad junk.........

I am 6' 4" and about 260............ any tire recommendations? I would love to go tubeless if that would help........This one was scary so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just had a good friend paralyzed from an accident like this, thank your stars man a high speed endo can mess a guy up real good. He was not even on a MB just a regular mountain bike.