quick review since i lost the long one EZ-glide hub

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I bought it on ebay for $275 delivered to my door. It is 250 watts 24volts. I chose this over a kit that would have been just a little more for a lot more power. I wanted something to make me pedal and go slow enough to interact with the environment.

The dealer electric bicycles was professional and was knowledgeable about the kit. As you know you can't say that about all the dealers of the China 2stroke kits. He answered my questions quickly by email.

The one i bought came without batteries. I chose it because I had new batteries which I had purchased for the friction drive kit. It did come with a battery charger. I doubt that I will use that either but It's nice to have one.

It came with a prewired controller, front hub motor, throttle a pac sensor (which you need a three piece crank or buy an adapter), a couple of brake levers with engine lockout.

The 250watt is not for everyone but it was exactly what I wanted. It goes about 10 to 15mpg with my big butt. I also use the 20" rear wheel so I don't give it a lot of help even when I pedal.

The battery system comes with it even if you don't buy the battery from him. There are two battery holder one for each side of the bike mounted low near the axle. Also two cloth batter cases.

All in all its a nice kit but frankly its a little more than I need. I have no use for the pac device even though I did get a bike just to try it out. The lock out brake handles are cute but I don't use hand brake though I might put on on the front just to have a backup. In which case it will come in handy.

The kit is exactly as advertised and it's the kit I wanted so I am happy with it. if you want speed you need to go with a bigger kit for sure. Battery life I don't know I have just done a couple of one mile test rides so far.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Just so you know the 12 ah battery pack of 2 12volt batteries lasts about 4miles. The company recommends a 20ah and if you had that at the beach where it is flat it might well do the ten miles they claim. it is never going to do it around here. 7miles maybe.