Here's something I did the other day

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Where I mounted the Robyi down on the lower frame didn't work the way I wanted it to and its friction drive and I'm having carb problems the diaphragm dried out from sitting . I also made the drive roller to small. If I get a wild hair I could either buy a new H/T or tear one off the bikes I have. The brakes I installed are wrong but all I had at the time and other nit picking things to work on sometime. If any of you want to build this type of bike its an eazy clone recumbent and plans are on the net for free.
Norman

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I see the motor now. I have elec friction drive motors and they are cool but badly limited. Miserable to ride on a wet road not because they are elec but because there is almost no friction with the tire. I also think there is probably a lot of lost energy that a chain drive would capture.

You should know you run both, do you lose a lot of potential energy with the friction drive.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Hey Norman you stole my Idea:-|| I was gonna! use a lawn chair on mine! Da&^%$! Somebody always beats me to it!!!!!!!laff Man I can never WIN!!!!!

Last edited: