New guy.

GoldenMotor.com

Kahlas

Nov 27, 2011
Illinois
Well i figured after browsing the forums here for a few weeks looking for ideas I'd drop in and introduce myself. I'm new to the whole MB experience but so far am enjoying mine quite a bit. I'll try to keep things as short as possible so here we go.
About 4 years ago I had a seizure caused by a brain tumor. Had the tumor removed hoping that would fix things. Well 6 months ago a I had another seizure while driving my pickup truck up in Chicago. I crossed 12 lanes of traffic doing 45 Mph and thankfully didn't hit anyone. In my quest to not kill anyone with my decision of whether or not to drive again I decided to just slap a motor on my mountain bike and use that as my primary vehicle.
So 2 months ago i got a great deal during an end of season sale and now have a 4 stroke 48cc centripetal clutch driven Huffy mountain bike. I'm sure it's going to make for an interesting first winter getting around here in Illinois but I've got my eyes on some decent motorcycle rain gear and some tire chains.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. You must be tough to ride a motorbike year round in the Chicago area. You will have to keep us posted on what is needed to ride comfortably through midwest winter.

Kahlas

Nov 27, 2011
Illinois
Well so far it's just been a hoody under a good windbreaker with gloves. I'm hoping that when it gets colder and I stat riding to and from school(30 mile trip) that a hoody or 2 under some rain gear(tops and bottoms in case it gets wet before or after classes and to keep my legs warmer) Hasn't been too bad though I'm probably going to invest in some clear Harley riding glasses for night driving(I only have a tinted pair atm) and a balaclava.