MBA Motors Mortorized Mountain Bike Anyone?? HELP??? HELP.....

GoldenMotor.com

calpolymike

Oct 22, 2011
cal poly pomona
sorry i havent really had time to clean it. And the last time I did it rained out here for the
first time in LA and it got messed up afterwards.

when fully clean, its such a good looking bike.

i have to fix the battery door with a lock. (i lost the key) and clean the rust spots.

other then that, she runs like a champ, just not up steep grades. Even with pedal assist. :(

you guys see that it has a turn key ignition. to turn on and off the ignition, and the grip is the
gas, such like a motorcycle.

the batter just ran me 65 bucks 2 months ago....then, low and behold, it doesnt have an alternator.
so i had to buy a trickle charger...another 23 bucks at wally world.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
That's a nice looking bike!

Yep, it looks like a Mits clone w/electric start.

You can pull start too, correct? If so, you only need battery for lights.

calpolymike

Oct 22, 2011
cal poly pomona
i can, but its a pain to pull start it....it really is. its well worth getting a new battery
and trickle charger.

what is a Mits clone ?? where can i get info on it?? is mits short for something.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
i can, but its a pain to pull start it....it really is. its well worth getting a new battery
and trickle charger.

what is a Mits clone ?? where can i get info on it?? is mits short for something.
I'm guessing this engine is a Mitsubishi clone.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Can you take the black cover off the engine? I see a screw on top there.

Digital Cameras and camera phones are great for learning as you go. Take a pic, take something off (even just for a single screw at a time if you want, whatever makes you comfortable), take a pic, and keep repeating. Run the pics backwards to reassemble. Lay the parts and hardware out in a clear area as you go, fasteners with parts.

Some parts of the learning curve are steeper than others, but everyone here can give you a hand up when you need it.

calpolymike

Oct 22, 2011
cal poly pomona
Can you take the black cover off the engine? I see a screw on top there.

Digital Cameras and camera phones are great for learning as you go. Take a pic, take something off (even just for a single screw at a time if you want, whatever makes you comfortable), take a pic, and keep repeating. Run the pics backwards to reassemble. Lay the parts and hardware out in a clear area as you go, fasteners with parts.

Some parts of the learning curve are steeper than others, but everyone here can give you a hand up when you need it.
ill take a picture and post it by the weekend.

so my question is. What can i do to get more power? Just another wheel cog??

does the centrifugal transmission ever go bad? or like does it work, or not. Or does it slip or become weaker??

im clueless with this motorized bike stuff. I NEED MORE TORQUE AND POWWAAHH

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
CAL

When reading the beginning of this thread, thought - electric start, need one of them!!

I have at least 6 of then! lol When putting my first friction drive bike together in 2008, was adjusting the carb and idle speed. The heavy starter wire hit the frame, thought someone was welding in my face. No battery in the bike or anywhere near. They charge big time. You may need a rectifier or some such thing.

That is one "Swell Elagant Machine"!! Hang on to that baby, or sell it to me!! lol.

It looks like a belt drive reduction box under the metal cover in the pics, will look again.

The Titan 50cc 4 stroke should bolt up to the box and many other engines with the 76/78mm centrifical clutch. Mite need a longer belt to the rear axle if the motor sits higher.

Try a new plug? That same physical size motor comes in 49cc around $100. The Harbor Freight 52cc water pump and auger motor is the same size will bolt up nicely.

If there is room to put a larger pulley in the bottom of the tranny or bigger on the rear wheel axle that will help. That must have been a very costly machine when new.

The Hf 52cc would be a big improvement and would be a simple switch.

Not sure about the starter, and they can be a bear to remove. A friend has a HF 52cc on a cvt and now a friction drive, near 2 yrs now and loves it. Pd around $100 on sale with a extra coupon.

Ron

Last edited:

calpolymike

Oct 22, 2011
cal poly pomona
starter works fine. I love electronic start......its so well worth the expense of a battery and a trickle charger. And the trouble of charging it every so often.

I just need more power...... lolz.

anybody in the 909 626 area knows about these bikes???

Last edited:

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
starter works fine. I love electronic start......its so well worth the expense of a battery and a trickle charger. And the trouble of charging it every so often.

I just need more power...... lolz.

anybody in the 909 626 area knows about these bikes???
Install a pipe. None are meant for your engine, so you'd have to MAKE it fit.

Or you could install a more powerful engine, like some members suggested.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Duh! Was referring to putting the starter on a 52cc HF motor, it may fit, they look exactly alike, the HF is Blue.

There may be a fancy wrap around scooter exhaust the would fit your engine and mounting, also the HF 52cc if you went that route later. Your machine is worth what ever you need to do! Belt drive is as good as it gets for most riding.

Good luck with it, It`s a keeper! Will look for pic of scooter exhaust system.

Ron

calpolymike

Oct 22, 2011
cal poly pomona
Duh! Was referring to putting the starter on a 52cc HF motor, it may fit, they look exactly alike, the HF is Blue.

There may be a fancy wrap around scooter exhaust the would fit your engine and mounting, also the HF 52cc if you went that route later. Your machine is worth what ever you need to do! Belt drive is as good as it gets for most riding.

Good luck with it, It`s a keeper! Will look for pic of scooter exhaust system.

Ron

gotchya...sorry, im such a noob.

how much difference in power is my 49cc motor and that 52cc HF??

i think my belt is just slippinggg...

anybody can answer me about my transmission? do they go bad and slow down? or just stop completely working??