noise and vibration please help

GoldenMotor.com

kolomootro

May 24, 2011
ohio
hi there,i am almost done with motorized bike kit,but there is still something bothering me.
there is a "noise" coming from the engine when i pedal the bike.it sounds kinda like krrrrrrrrrr,its not too bad,but when i hear it,i feel a vibration and it makes it really hard to pedal when going fast.I know at first that the chain hit the clutch cover,so i grinded it,but i still hear a noise.then i thought the chain hits the side of the engine,so i put a bmx bike chain on it,and i still hear the noise but not so bad i think.the only other thing i can think of is maybe the clutch isnt fully disngaged.
does your bike make noise?do you think it will go away if i run it?
should i use the 415 chain?i need help please.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Are you just pedaling and not running the engine? Yes, chain noise is always going to be there. It's just a mechanical fact. Metal chain on metal sprockets = noise.

Have you tried running the engine yet? As was stated above we could offer more help if we had a couple of pictures of your chain/sprocket tension and alignment.
Tom

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Sounds to me like the clutch is dragging a bit.
...if I were to pedal and ht for any distance I think I would pop the master link and wire the chain up to the chainstay to eliminate the drag.
...my 2cents...
rc