Does anyone buy 2 cycle oil in bulk?

GoldenMotor.com

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Between my BGF, GEBE and BMP kits, I ride every day and put a lot of miles on my bikes.

I usually buy my 2 cycle oil in the 16 oz container with the built-in measuring chamber at the top, which I don't even use, since I have and use a Mix Mizer.

It would probably be more economical for me to buy the oil by the gallon or 5 gallon pail. Does anyone here do that, and where do you buy your oil? Locally? Mail-order?
Thanks.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Your local lawnmower shop should carry gallons of high quality synthetic oils, such as Stihl, Echo, etc. Read the specs and learn what they mean and you will always be able to find good oil. I'm using oil left over from my dirt bike racing days.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Yes, I would have gone to the local lawnmower shop, except that they are all gone and out of business due to Home Depot and them.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I buy Opti-2 in the 32 oz bottle and so far I've gotten 2 seasons out of it. Remember, 32 oz of Opti-2 will make almost 30 gallons of gas.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
i get a one gallon multi purpose 2 stroke oil fromm wall mart i dont usually shop there because they destroy local economies but for my motor bike i make exceptions