just joined.. hope i can be of help!

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum. Usually it is the other way around with someone new to the forum asking for help. Nice for a change. You must not be new to motorbicycles then. Great forum here and glad you have joined us.
SB

EvilDoer360

Jul 19, 2010
Darlington, South Carolina
Welcome- do you happen to have any motor bikes??
@Cptcaveman - Hi, and welcome from Darlington, SC. Hope all is well your way.

@stevolandis - I just finished up my first build this morning and it was a Stinger (66cc) and also a black Huffy (Panama Jack cruiser). You wouldn't happen to have a pic would you, I'd like to check it out. I posted a few pics of mine in the MB Tavern earlier this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day !!

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I do happen to have pictures- taken yesterday, while working on the shifter kit I just bought. The oler Huffy was a horrible turqouise green, so I painted it black. The engine is a Stinger from biketomopedkit.com- is that where you got yours?

Attachments

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Welcome to the forum Cptcaveman, glad to have another Tucsonan on the board. There is a few of Tucson folks here.
Yes, there is a good sized handful of us desert dogs here.
Welcome from Glendale.

Tucson was sort of the epicenter of getting MB's legal to ride in AZ and treated as just a bicycle, thanks to SpookyTooth there lobbying your congressman to introduce and sponsor the Revised AZ Statute 28-2516 bill back in 2006.

That sure has helped me since Sheriff Joe found a way for my 6 year old Boating Under the Influence non-compliance with the final DUI classes portion of my sentence came back.

It may be a little brutal to ride this time of year, but I will be done with all that by time it will be simply awesome weather to ride it, and need to or not, I love MB's and will continue to ride mine for everything I can!

the42ndoffense

Jun 17, 2010
Space
@stevolandis
I picked up one of those same ugly huffy bikes out of some guys garage for $20.
that bike held up stronger/faster and for longer than two new walmart junkers.
the other surprise was that everything seems to fit so darned well. plenty of space all the way around. i'll get some pictures here after its repainted. (thinking red?)

the42ndoffense

Jun 17, 2010
Space
im glad to see you got a shift kit fitted on there. are those 24's or 26's? I ran 26's mainly for ground clearance, however I think it would prevent the use of a shift kit. thoughts?

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
@offense These older bikes were all made with normal pipes, nothing special or "cool" looking. That's why they fit so nicely. Also, things were made better back then, so they'll last longer. I think a dark red would look good with an engine. I think by 24 or 26 your mean wheels. I have 26" wheels, there's no problem with clearance, as long as you install the kit right(I didn't). I would recommend spending an extra $50 for the HD kit- the freewheel feels very solid.

Cptcaveman

Jul 22, 2010
tucson az
Welcome- do you happen to have any motor bikes??
YES.. i have a shcwinn landmark cruiser,ornge and white, flying horse 66 motor.. a occ shcwinn chopper, metalic red and crome x2-80 motor.. and a 24" magna rescued from bicas, purple and black also flying horse motor i built so gf can ride with me.crt.

EvilDoer360

Jul 19, 2010
Darlington, South Carolina
@Cptcaveman - Well, after taking my bike on a few test runs I decided to take a trip to the parts store. I picked up an in-line fuel filter and a new spark plug. I tried to find a 7mm plug wire at two different stores but all they had in stock were 8mm. They only way I'll be able to get a 7mm wire would be to get the parts store to order me a full set of plug wires for a car that uses 7mm and the cheapest set is gonna be $21.99. I can get a few 8mm plug wires from a friend for free to save some cash but would it be OK to use one or does it have to be a 7mm ?? I don't want to use an 8mm if it might mess something up. Also, at low speed (5-7 mph) when I give it a little gas to accelerate it's kinda jerky until it gets up to about 12-15 mph. Is this normal or is it a sign of a problem that needs to be addressed, and if so what might be the cause of it ??

Cptcaveman

Jul 22, 2010
tucson az
@Cptcaveman - Well, after taking my bike on a few test runs I decided to take a trip to the parts store. I picked up an in-line fuel filter and a new spark plug. I tried to find a 7mm plug wire at two different stores but all they had in stock were 8mm. They only way I'll be able to get a 7mm wire would be to get the parts store to order me a full set of plug wires for a car that uses 7mm and the cheapest set is gonna be $21.99. I can get a few 8mm plug wires from a friend for free to save some cash but would it be OK to use one or does it have to be a 7mm ?? I don't want to use an 8mm if it might mess something up. Also, at low speed (5-7 mph) when I give it a little gas to accelerate it's kinda jerky until it gets up to about 12-15 mph. Is this normal or is it a sign of a problem that needs to be addressed, and if so what might be the cause of it ??
some of the motors dont have much torque at low rpm.. luging at low speeds is comon.. as far as the plug wires if theres is nothing wrong with the stock wire i wouldnt change it for fear of damaging the inner coil conection.. some are glued in and soldered at the end and some have a screw post like the plug cap.. 8mm wires can fit if squezzed in and tapperinng the end a littlle can help.. all car wires are of the resistor type and are that way for radio interferance prevention.. you will loss a little power to the plug with them but not engouh to not fire the plug.. some hot ord shops still carry the copper core wire if what your trying to do is have cool wires... the thing i have found to do for reliyablity is to replace the spring type plug cap with a standard plug terminal the only thing is you have to put the brass tip back on the plug but they wont come apart on the inside like the stock one will... in time the screwed in brass/spring clip vibrates loose and falls apart... the coil end of off a HEI chevy set of wires works good and if your carfull you can unbend the crimped on conector and reuse it.. hope this helps...shawn