Spooky Tooth Cycles

GoldenMotor.com

Mobbin'Deep

Apr 16, 2010
Far away from home
Well, here's my eperience with them...

7/18
- Ordered the HD wheel in black over the phone with Alison (I specifically asked if everything was in stock)

7/19
- Received this email

"Hello,
I am so sorry! We fabricate the HD wheels here and have been slightly back ordered. This will be made either Monday or Tuesday. Again, we apologize,

Alison"

7/26 - Received this email

"Unfortunately, we are temporarily out of stock on the black rims for the HD wheel. Please let us know if you would like the silver rim instead, wait for the black to come in stock, or receive a refund. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thanks,"

7/28
- Called to redeem refund, Spoke with Finance dept, was told it would be processed that day.

7/29 - Received this email

"Hi,
Your order has been refunded.
Safe!"

Well its going to take 3-5 business days to get my money back. That's 16 days total. Why this might not mean much to some, some of us depend on these for transportation, and some us depend on these for income, either way, time is money. I am very much regretting my order through them, don't let it happen to you!

Mobbin'Deep

Apr 16, 2010
Far away from home
well for every 1 bad review there are 10 good ones i have had great luck with them even gotten free parts
Yeah I've ordered stuff from them before, with little issue but this is the second time I've ordered and you have to admit, this was SUCH a screw up, and totally unprofessional. It took them A WEEK just to tell me they didnt have it stock, and I SPECIFICALLY CALLED THEM and asked them if they HAD IT IN STOCK.

In fact, I contacted them TWICE regarding that, and both times they said they had it. They more or less lied, or didnt check, or it was human error, but the fact that they didnt tell me for a week, is wrong. That week, I couldnt do what I needed to do. It cost me 7 entire days of time and money. And on top of all that, they didnt call me to tell me my stuff wasnt in stock, I HAD TO CALL THEM.

Glad to hear you didnt have any problems, but they obviously arent taking care of some of their customers the way they should be.

Mobbin'Deep

Apr 16, 2010
Far away from home
Laid back is the way to be. It has its place in life, like all other things, and its place is not business.

There's nothing wrong with taking 3 weeks to deliver a part.
There IS something wrong with lying about, claiming you have it, and not actually having it, and not keeping your word and not delivering on your end when someone sends you hundreds of dollars.

Last edited:

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
and just a lil advice those hd axles arent that great every one ive seen was just as wobly as a rag jointed sprocket. what kind of bike are you running?

Dougan

Apr 5, 2010
wisconsin
Yeah, I ordered my skyhawk kit a few months ago. After I ordered it, they delayed me a week or two because they were out of stock. Wasn't a problem (out of town anyway at that time) and I know it's a small operation so I wasn't too upset about it. But in this era of computer programs, I was a little disappointed to find that they don't base their "sold out" status on what they actually have in stock. That said, I did keep in touch with them during the whole thing to see when my stuff would ship out and why it was delayed, and they weren't disrespectful customer-service-wise.

Bushman

Jul 11, 2010
Grantsburg, Wisconsin
I also had a bad experience with Spooky Tooth. I placed two seperate orders with them. I am still waiting for an item on the first order 6 weeks plus later. On the second order I received all the items in a reasonable amount of time. I called and sent e-mails. I got an e-mail apologizing for the delay and responded back to let me know if you are having problems and I would order from someone else. I e-mailed again about the last item and they claimed it shipped. I asked for details about shipment and they responded that they would ship the last item right away. Now I have to wait another week for their super speedy delivery service. Long story short. Very disappointed!

sradabaugh

Aug 5, 2010
South Florida
I ordered the Black HD wheel. I was told the parts were in stock but that those wheels are "built" to order. I received the same email (out of stock on black rim) but opt for the silver. I am hoping it arrives this week. Bad part is I will end up having 1 silver wheel and 1 black wheel (front) :(