Robin EHO35 Rough Idling - Advice

GoldenMotor.com

dizzystheman

Dec 5, 2011
illinois
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm having some problems with my new Robin EHO35. It idles a little rough and I don't know what the probllem is. I'm running on 10% ethanol, the only gas available in Illinois. The carb body is very sensitive to the touch, so I tightened down on the screws but still some rough idling. This is a new engine and should run perfectly. I also have a Tanaka purefire 32cc which runs smoothly and idles perfectly. It also seems to make less noise than the Robin. Maybe the Robin needs to breakin more. Any ideas what wrong?

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I've got a robin subaru 33.5cc from staton. Its a friction drive and it is a bit loud, but it'll lessen over time as the parts wear in. About your issue...hmm, does it stay idling? If so may be the carb needs cleaning? My idles fine. On a cold start, ya gotta let it idle atleast 20 seconds cuz if ya just start her up and go, it'll blow a white smokescreen behind ya cuz it floods itself with oil if ya give it full throttle right after a cold start. Also, does yours tend to get oil residue around the sides and bottom of the engine? Mine does, its little streaks and such, but everything is tight. I'm wondering if its just the oil that tends to come out the exhaust of the fuel pump and the wind just blows it up and all over the engine. Its rather annoying to get back for a ride and see the plastic covers on the engine covered in a fine film of oil residue. Ya hardly notice it when looking at it.

dizzystheman

Dec 5, 2011
illinois
No, it stays idling, just not smoothly, and it's also a little loud like yours. Also bought from Staton. I have to look close about the oil problem, but didn't notice any offhand. Hard to imagine a dirty carb on a new engine. I might try some different gas.