Sticky Thread Lists

GoldenMotor.com

BossCat

Nov 29, 2009
Scotland
I think it would be handy if someone with the knowledge could do sticky post/threads relating to...

Cog/Sprockets and chains - What type chain matches cog/sprocket (everything C/S/C related)

Speed Controllers - What size type you'd need for your motor. (everything controller related)

Batteries - Volts/watts/amps explanation. Wiring - Series/parallel Charging/type of batteries (everything battery related)

This would help out newbees and other members if everything relating to whatever subject was contained in one thread/under one roof, and would save searching through posts and threads?

Just a thought

Tom

zabac70

Mar 17, 2010
Belgrade , Serbia
Great idea ! I'll be glad to put something together about controllers and batteries, but bare in mind that English isn't my native language , so I can make mistake with spelling or expression . If there are (members of the forum) better qualified to this (by being born in USA / Canada / UK and some knowledge abut the stuff) I'll be glad to just read their posts.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
The basic information to build an ebike shouldn't be too difficult to get into a thread so i wouldn't worry to much about your english. I'm not to sure how much detail a new builder needs. To be honest it's mostly plug and play even when you build from parts.

Sure a builder could take a controller apart and maybe even work on it, but I doubt many bike builders really have those kinds of skills. Probably most of us want to know the very basics about this stuff. After we get the first one done, then we want to learn more and more.

The theory is nice to know but this is really a more hands on kind of environment I think, but then I'm usually wrong lol. In other words I encourage you to do the information threads...