Is it just me

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
In the last couple of days, and advertisement started popping up. I doesn't happen randomly like a popup adv usually does. It happens sometimes when I use my mouse to move the cursor. Is this just me or is anyone else having this problem.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Hmm, as I use Firefox with the NoScript and Adblock Plus plugins I have never seen what you're referring to (Adblock is actually disabled on this forum as here - I actually want to see the ads lol).

I would say that it sounds like malware tho and has nothing to do with forum settings or our sponsors (what are the ads for?). My only advice is to run w/e antiviral you've got - and get Firefox with those plugins.

Firefox: Firefox Browser | Upgrade to the latest version of Firefox | Free Download
NoScript: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722
Adblock Plus: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

Last edited:

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
I run windows vista and I do not get popups. Sounds like your puter has picked up a bug. What antivirus do you run?
Elmo

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
i have foxfire or firefox and opera both have pop blockers. It is a fresh install of windows since this is the computer I was given and I reinstalled the operating system three days ago. I guess it is just an glitch. I was just curious what was going on. I'll take another look and its always sick bike parts. I love those guys so I'm not looking to cause a problem for them. Just curious.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
thier is no pop up advertisements on this forum. i control all the ads and i hate pop ups and will never put them on here.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
The advertisement did pop up but I found out why. I had a different mouse and it had some kind of screwy extra set of buttons on the rear. When I was scrolling I was inadvertently licking as well. I knew it wasn't a random popup that's why I asked if anyone else was having problems. I also have a popup blocker in addition to the one on the browser so I was pretty sure that it was something unusual and it was.

ALWAYS look a gift mouse in the mouth.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
o.o

"motorbicycling.com cannot be held responsible or liable for any members sobriety and/or the resultant lack of physical and/or mental dexterity whilst browsing - lol at your own risk"

:p :D

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
You gotta love a happy ending. I was having a great deal of navigation lag due to one of the alternating banner ads using heavy duty flash, I have not seen that ad in a couple weeks and could not be happier. This forum is a really nice place and I tip my hat to the moderators and administrators.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I agree it is one of the best forums I have ever been on. It would be perfect if I understood about half of what you guys are doing. As it is the little I do understand is really interesting.

omegaunderground

Sep 16, 2009
modesto
If you still want/need an antivirus program Deacon, I would suggest Avira Antivirus, they have an awesome free version. I have used it for 2 years on all 4 of my PC's (2 of which anyone that comes to my house can use) and not had a single virus on any machine, it does real time scanning. Say if you visit a page that contains an infected script, before running said script Avira will say hey do you want to delete this, quarantine, or select no action. Its saved my father in law from his usual monthly virus attack for over a year : ) Only catch is the free version has a popup that offers cheaper price on the full version when the antivirus updates the popop comes up (once a day depending on update settings) If you google "Disable Avnotify.exe" you can find instructions on how to remove the popup its pretty easy about 10 mins work for a nice antivirus program.