My Sunday morning rides

GoldenMotor.com
---- It's a few minutes after five in the morning Sunday morning or late late saturday night depending how you look at it . I'm up and waiting for the sun to just start to rize and then I'm off to run the empty streets and take in the sunrizzzzzze from the back of my bike. I'll run across town to the south side and after a 15 mile ride stop for a coffee and a doughnut before rolling off to turn some more early morning heads and buzzzzz the nearly empty roads lookin for adventure and whatever comes my way.......I really do injoy my Sunday morning rides and time is a wastin I gotta roll if I'm to make the sunrise.I gotta put on the coveralls because it's 46 degrees out there ........later Tom in West by God Virginia

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
" lookin for adventure and whatever comes my way....." Born to be mild! LOL My muffler denigrated at last yrs east cost rally. We went for drinks, er I mean lunch and as no one could hear me, at the top of my lungs, I sang: Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space

I like smoke and lightning
Heavy metal thunder
Racin' with the wind
And the feelin' that I'm under
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space

Like a true nature's child
We were born, born to be mild
We can climb so high
I never wanna die

Born to be mild

Awesome Try and BA! talked me into it. (I really, really have to invest in a cup holder!)

The wife is laughing at me. Is dark and rainy up our way. "Your going for a ride now?"

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Have a few pairs of Carharts but I really need to get me one of those helmets like yours Dan, the bike helmet just ain't cutting it with this colder weather and I refuse to wear my full face MC helmet. lol

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Have a few pairs of Carharts but I really need to get me one of those helmets like yours Dan, the bike helmet just ain't cutting it with this colder weather and I refuse to wear my full face MC helmet. lol
Get yourself a hardhat liner. They look like Dan's avatar helmet(WW1 flying ace helmet). They don't look very warm but are they are really warm and fit under your bicycle helmet like they were made for it. Welding supply stores and industrial supply stores sell them.
Elmo

When I got back I was a bit chilled and came in the door and my better half ( Jeanie) said " You can't tell me you enjoy riding that thing in this weather" I just looked at her with a big grin on my face.......She just doesn't understand I was thinking as she walked towards the coffeepot... What a shame I was thinking but then it hit me ....Her loss not mine............She's right about one thing though , We gotta move to a warmer place.... South of here thats for sure...I want year round riding.!!!!!! Tom

turtle tedd

Jul 18, 2009
florida
Went for a 30mile ride today on the pinnellas trail on my MB...still nice and warm down here in Florida...no 5;00 in the morning for me ..I like late in the afternoon

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I rode all day yesterday, it was cold, windy, gray and dreary and now my *** hurts...

It was freakin' beautiful! :D

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Man! I had forgotten where I read that Kev, But wanted to say, a bike helmet, cars/trucks think your doing around 10 MPH. With a silly arse helmet like mine, they look 2ce and are kinder! Has a winter "zip/neck thing lol

When I got back I was a bit chilled and came in the door and my better half ( Jeanie) said " You can't tell me you enjoy riding that thing in this weather" I just looked at her with a big grin on my face.......She just doesn't understand I was thinking as she walked towards the coffeepot... What a shame I was thinking but then it hit me ....Her loss not mine............She's right about one thing though , We gotta move to a warmer place.... South of here thats for sure...I want year round riding.!!!!!! Tom
I rode all day yesterday, it was cold, windy, gray and dreary and now my *** hurts...

It was freakin' beautiful! :D
Awesome!! Carol has never got my addiction with MBs. But first rally we went to, she got so in to the social part. We hosted one and I had asked her to run and get us all soda and beer as I could not leave. We had guests. She came back with $200 worth of burgers, hot dogs and snacks. MBer's are fun folks. Carol has still never been on a MB. But if I say there is a party or MB rally, she is there and takin' pics'! (You crazy folks really are fun to hang out with)

Know what you mean about warmer. Tryin' to talk Carol into moving on to a house boat. Fla winters, New England summers.

I've just gotta move south because my old bones just hurt too too much for me to handle the winter around here anymore. It's already getting too cold to ride much . You have to wait till it warms up a bit like 10:30 or 11:00 am and then it's gettin' to cold by 4:00 pm. So it's cuttin the day in half and will soon be too cold for much riding at all till spring in April or May. I wanna ride when I wanna ride not putt around so bundled up I can't enjoy myself . The only good thing about it ,if you can call it a good thing , is that in the advent of a crash what with all that padding on from all the winter bundle up clothes only the bike gets hurt......No I've about had it ...Florida sounds nice but I worry about with global warming the tide may rise to the point that you need a boat not a bike............ Tom from D.C. now living (if you could call it that )in West Virginia P.S. When people ask how ya doin' I answer Still alive just not livin'

turtle tedd

Jul 18, 2009
florida
Come on down to Florida..there is no global warming..mother nature controls the tides...when you get here you will probably want a boat too

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Yea I told my wife if we ever leave CO were going where it doesnt snow, CO is beautiful and has nice weather but it can kick your butt some times like in 06 and 03. The weird thing is april and march can be the snowiest months with jan and feb being relatively mild. From late oct to may though when the sun sets over the rockies its freezing PERIOD.

Last edited: