problem with cns carb running overflow fuel line back into carb

GoldenMotor.com

jasonpadilla

Jun 18, 2010
yorba linda
i have a cns carb and ive seen some people take the overflow hose and run it back into the carb so you dont waste or spill any extra fuel, i did that and now my bike is bogging out at times like it has too much fuel. Any thought or ideas or answers on how to fix the problem would be greatly appreciated

insomniacshotrods

Sep 26, 2008
Might try adjusting your float , think its letting to much fuel in and overflowing into the tube. I took my carb apart and broke off the bottom overflow brass fitting filed flat and soldered shut. Also soldered the top of the overflow tube inside of float bowl just to be sure. I was told i didnt need it and broke it off only to find it leaking fuel like crazy,till i soldered it up. They say to go 1full turn out from seat on left screw,closes to the air filter and 2 full turns on other one. I got tired of messing with it and put on a stock carb and it ran alot better like that. Ordered a speed carb from spookytooth and am going to try that when it comes in. But heck it goes 36 mph now so i really dont see improving to much on that.. 41 tooth sprocket i love it.