GT2B gubee skyhawk the new carb problem

GoldenMotor.com

mpnavarro1

Apr 18, 2009
california

these are pictures of the new racing Carb but I can't seam to make it stay on without playing with the throttle. I already tried all the settings Frm 1 to 4. this is the first time buying a slant head motor with this new Carb. i have bought other motors Frm thatsdax and they start right and good. I just really need some help if anybody has had a problem like this let me know what I am doing wrong.:-||:-||:-||

tintor

Oct 7, 2009
Tulare,calif
I have just purchased the same carband am at the same point you are???? have you found any type of solution? I have done all ave to find air leek as led to believe.

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
Put the needle clip back to stock settings , where ever it was when you opened it up.

You see the 2 brass screws in your second picture ? One in front of the air filter , the mixture screw , and one in the middle of the throttle body , the idle screw ?'

Set the screw on the left to 1 full turn out from all the way in and leave it be for now.

Set the middle screw 2 full turns out from all the way in. Try and start it. If the idle is high back this screw out more till the RPMS are low and steady.

Try this and see what it does.

tintor

Oct 7, 2009
Tulare,calif
just wanted you to know that I made a gasket for intake manifold at the barrel and put the carb on the intake before installing it was much easier to get the correct seal this way.I can not tell you how much stronger my bike is all the way through power bands....