Any interest in forming a club for Portland, Oregon and surrounding area?

GoldenMotor.com
Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Just wondering if anyone else is in the area who might want to get together, work on our bikes, go on rides, share our knowledge, etc. If you don't have a bike yet, I can help with that.

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
when i was really into bicycles i gathered that Portland was sorta like the bicycle capital of the U.S. lots of people building parts, repairing carbon frames, bicycle friendly rds, majority of people riding to work on their bicycles. how friendly are they to motorized bicycles ?? in the 70's while stationed at Ft Lewis i spent every week-end/day off in Portland. had a lot of good friends there, loved it !!

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Most people are cool with it, people who use their bikes for transportation think it's awesome. Exception is if they have a super expensive bike that they ride for the sake of riding it. Those people hate it. Also, the cops have yet to pull me over, despite my bikes being very obviously way too fast and the engines way too large to be legal.

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
Great.
i have yet to see a motorized bike in my area.
when i went to the DMV to register it the lady at the counter had been there for 6yrs and did not know what to do ! i knew my paperwork was in order so she called boston and i was good. on a bicycle people pass me almost touching my handlebar. on my motorized bike i come accross as being something alien so they pass way over in the other lane...