Sportsman Electraflyer

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Just a quick bump with latest changes. I did another bike, a boardie in orange. I took some time to update the engine changing the crank case plates to more reflect vintage designs. I added a flat to the bottom of the cases. My only guess is that early designers did this so the engine could be set level on a work bench and not roll forward or back. Reverse engineering? Anyway it solves the problem. I also added a cam case cover to dress things up a bit and painted the cylinders black. Otherwise all things are the same.

Sportsman Electraflyer by Pat Dolan, on Flickr
Beautiful looking setup Pat

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Once again you've aced it Pat. I was wondering about an electric land speed record attempt as well. Batteries at that level would be wallet staggering but there would also be the pleasure of being the top of the list for both gas and electric.

Steve.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
It's been awhile since I have bumped this thread. I've been making subtle changes to the electric bikes and thought you guys might want to see them. Here is a cruiser with the latest engine case upgrades and the updated rear frame triangle. Perfectly smooth, with nice handling. The fat tires combined with front internal spring fork and cruiser saddle really make for a comfortable ride. This one also has a 52v 30ah battery. The tires are 3" wide and the fenders are aluminum with the center rib and duck tail. The tanks and fenders were all left raw finish.

Sportsman Electraflyer Cruiser by Pat Dolan, on Flickr

Sportsman Electraflyer Cruiser by Pat Dolan, on Flickr

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Pat I re-read the complete 8 pages of this thread and it doesn't seem that long-ago that you pioneered the E-V-twin concept on this forum. I followed and commented often as your awesome builds progressed and I'd recommend that those interested in building or buying a vintage style electric bike to read this thread in order to learn things.

I attempt to give credit where it's due and deserved. Thanks for the concept and your help along the way Pat. You also supplied some great components as always!

Rick C.