Which camera do you use

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
It looks like Microsoft finally got their mind right with windows 10, I installed my free copy last week. I got on the list a couple of months ago after a member of our IT department told me that our school system had been testing the 10 for awhile, she told me it was better than 7 or 8. It actually made my laptop faster.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
About a year ago I picked up a used go pro camera and a go pro clone which was new. My old XP laptop was close to death anyway and bought a nice used HP laptop which I like quite a lot, but which unfortunately is running Windows Vista. I don't hate Vista, but find that many things won't load on to it. I have not been at all successful with the cameras and after some initial frustration have let the cameras sit. The long, cold dark of winter is coming on and I want to try again with the video. Looks like I either upgrade my OS to windows 7 or possibly to 10. My laptop hardware is compatible with Windows 7, don't know about 10. What a lot of hassle. No free upgrade to 10 from Vista. Sometimes I love computers, particularly when they do what I want them to. Then there's the rest of the time...
SB

Reactions: MEASURE TWICE

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.
Bill when that pipe comes in you can hear and see the difference, what pipe is he running?
Its a stock KX 65 pipe with a CR machine plenum chamber and a VM 18 Mikuni. The engine is a modded GT-5L from CR machine, and the bike is a 20" Mongoose BMXer. He was hitting 46.8 MPH on his speedo and a gps ccell phone along with a radar gun all had the same speed. On a longer straight with a higher gear it should be over a 60mph bike I think.

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I finally got some video with the go-pro, its by far the best I've got yet. I'm working on editing and will post a link when its done.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Greg, Just looked again to check on my camera in a bottle. I exaggerated I guess when I said second week of December. I am told it will arrive On December 5th by 8:00 in the evening. They must have tossed lots of bottles before to know just how long it will take to drift here. Good thing the camera has it's own waterproof case just like the gopro realdeal.
Your hoped for Christmas Gopro will arrive by sleigh not long after my clone gets here.

Scotto, thanks for your kind words, sir.
SB
Carburetor in a bottle for me now!

I always side toward avoiding but local ship within US or CA, but Ebay if not right is less easy on return cost and I went with Amazon Free Shipping.

I saw 1 of the reviews on Amazon about for a complaint about time to get the carb I need to replace on my Chinese generator.

Maybe a float problem or clogged jet, but it is bad for my MIG Welder on high amps is cuts out for a fraction of a second and then catches up again. Screws up the welds.

I looked to see where the Amazon Seller was located, but it did not say. 3 weeks to 1 an 1/2 months for $11 I thought I'll wait and maybe it arrives early.

Low to medium amps on the generator running the MIG and I get decent welds... I wait and see when the bottle arrives for higher amps in the future.

Attachments

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I was getting ready to take my offroad mb out and checked my SJ Cam 4000 Wifi camera and it was getting stuck when reviewing videos in memory while viewing on the camera itself small screen. I had to take the battery out to shut it off. Finally tried another flash micro card I had already had videos from prior rides. It work fine with that 32 GB flash memory card and I am happy 4 years from purchase the SJ 4000 did not stop working. Just something with the memory card. Also I was able to view the videos on my computer of the memory card that was locking up the camera, so nothing lost except a cheap 8 GB Flash. Not thinking Patriot Memory is not good, I don't know how old it is an supposed to keep working, the other memory mfr I use is SanDisk and I have some other brands also.

Still thinking of a better camera that will work better and allow you to see the videos without it looking like it is shaking around where it all seems a blur. Smooth roads it is OK, but on the more rocky trails it seems useless. It is mounted on my helmet, I am thinking maybe a chest mount, but I am not sure leaning forward would face the lens down too much. Last years video of the Le Grange Race I think I saw from link earlier in this thread, looked really good with the camera used.

Prices on Go Pro top line are not showing any real knock off price cost during holidays so I am not sure I am to bite the bullet and spend 5 times the cost of the cheapie SJ Cam 4000 WiFi.

I already bought a case like the one shown from an Amazon seller link below. It did not come with as much as this one does, but it was only 15 dollars. The chest harness did not come with mine, but I see how I could just use my back pack harness to make something like what is shown with this sellers extras.

https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Acces...79943&s=gateway&sprefix=sj4000,aps,207&sr=8-7

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I'm going to do more riding this year, I got away from videoing for a while. Thanks for bringing this back to my thoughts, I will probably have some good video opportunities next week, will be on a pedal bike but the scenery will be nice.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
About a year ago I picked up a used go pro camera and a go pro clone which was new. My old XP laptop was close to death anyway and bought a nice used HP laptop which I like quite a lot, but which unfortunately is running Windows Vista. I don't hate Vista, but find that many things won't load on to it. I have not been at all successful with the cameras and after some initial frustration have let the cameras sit. The long, cold dark of winter is coming on and I want to try again with the video. Looks like I either upgrade my OS to windows 7 or possibly to 10. My laptop hardware is compatible with Windows 7, don't know about 10. What a lot of hassle. No free upgrade to 10 from Vista. Sometimes I love computers, particularly when they do what I want them to. Then there's the rest of the time...
SB
My laptop needs for some keys to hit really hard sometimes. I have thought of going on Ebay and for 15 dollars try replacing with cheap aftermarket if it fails completely. Also there is the end of Win 7 support I just got the notice this past week. "After 10 years of servicing, January 14, 2020, is the last day Microsoft will offer security updates for computers running Windows 7 SP1. This update enables reminders about Windows 7 end of support." The Update is
2019-03 Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4493132).
I would guess I really don't need to install it as it says it is optional and I think only need it if you want nagging about getting to use Win10 an the like. I have one Win7 HDD that I used the free upgrade that came with my Laptop before it expired. This to make it a Win10 HDD I'm going to use the few extra HDD's I have to Clone a copy of the Win10 HDD so I have a back up. I never really thought about it til now. WinXP Desk Top PC still runs and instead of buying new software that runs on newer Operating Systems I have it copying slowly a few hundred records one by one LP's onto HDD and then to cell phone. Wireless Bluetooth to a Portable Bose Speaker works quite nice. See no need to toss because operating system can't get security updates if it is not connected to the internet. It has its place. I even bought a few years back a new stylus and the turntable arm even retracts to park position when each record side is finished.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I’ve been playing with my GoPro and learning a lot more about it, I downloaded the app to my iPhone to control it. I have a phone holder on the handle bars so I can see what I’m recording, I’ve got some video that I will edit and post later.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
MT I have a lot of the mounting accessories that are in the above link also, I used the handle bar mount this week, I have a mount on my helmet also.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
MT I have a lot of the mounting accessories that are in the above link also, I used the handle bar mount this week, I have a mount on my helmet also.
I went out riding an use the helmet cam again. Before I started though I noticed that the camera inside the housing was able to rattle around inside. It must have been that these four felt paddings on the rear of the housing door were old and compressed. I use some foam temporarily so it was more secure. Still my videos unless on paved road end up being a bit jumpy. Vimeo charges a fee to have a link (the web adr of my videos) used on web pages. Last I did was just put spaces between each of the characters in the web adr and ask those wanting to view my videos on Vimeo to delete them out in copying to the adr bar.
Or maybe this is easier and is simple to do, remove the 2ea underscores
So here is one:
https://_vimeo.com/_328581460

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Here is a video from the RV park to the lighthouse at Carabelle beach Fl. The area is still recovering from the hurricane last fall. I had my GoPro mounted on the handle bars.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
This is a cell phone video my wife shot last week, I did all the editing on my phone. I’m still learning but it turned out fairly well. iPhone 5s.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
This is more of St. George Island, I imported the video from my GoPro to my iPhone and edited it with a free app. It’s not as good as can be done on a computer but is decent.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon