!! ITS THE POPE !! Ya: He swings both ways...

GoldenMotor.com

Big Bill

Jun 3, 2011
arizona
Hey Velo

Its been awhile , that looks outstanding . let me know when you get it back
from paint so we can meet at the Pav. It looks fantastic raw , Nice work!!
Now I will go change my shorts!

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Im back and so is da Pope! I have it back from powdercoat and soon it will be back out again for pinstriping and sign painting for the lettering. The powder blue came out great. AND I have the last of my parts to be nickle plated back in my hands. Once the final touches to paint are added final assembly SHOULD go fairly smoothly.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I been having a hard time getting ahold of the pinstriper... No progress. Cant say I'd be doing much anyways being its about 110 F in the garage once the sun is hitting that side of the house. Heres what happened to the second set of pedals for the BTR configuration. As original the bike was almost un ridable. too short a distance between to pedal and butt. Which caused some interesting contortions when starting out on a ride. I took the wide pedals and cut em... Then had my local pro weld em back togather. I dont have pics just yet of the result post polish and nickel plating but they came out great. On the bike its much more comfortable and I have about 15 miles on these pedals prior to break down and plating: so they should hold up.

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I was FINALLY able to get hold of the pinstriper / sign painter I wanted to use and he picked up the parts today; plus a few pics of the original so he would know what I wanted once he gets around to painting it. Should ( could ) be back in a week! Well see. Pics on its return.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Well... Bugs said it would take a week. 3 weeks later... RESULTS! I think he did a great job. For your sign painting and pinstriping needs in Mesa AZ Bugs Auto Art! NOW! Final assembly. And; its getting cooler so I can actually work on the dang thing.

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Blue powdercoat by Affordable Powdercoat in downtown Phoenix. Really good job with FAST turnaround for the price quoted! Which if I remember was under $160 for frame /tank, rims and fork.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey Velodrome,

Congratulations on your museum quality build!
That paint job and pinstriping is really top notch. Some of you guys on this site build the nicest bikes, really a cut above.

One thing I have often wondered about these perfect bikes, is how often do you plan on riding it? It's so beautiful and pristine, I would constantly be paranoid about scratching it or marring it in some way.

It's too bad (for me) you live in Arizona. I would really enjoy seeing this work of art in person. Maybe you might be interested in attending one of the so cal motorized bike races? Some people from Vegas attend, although I guess Pheonix-ish is farther away.

Anyway congrats, and wishing you wide grins and much laughter on your first ride on that bike.

Gilbert

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
No workiee on bike today. Doing other stuff to get ready for the next 4-5" of rain we're supposed to get. Dude I'd LOVE to attend one of the races once its togather and sorted. I also wanna do a LA or San Diego group ride and I don't mind hauling it there. Believe me; this bike WILL be ridden.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks for the kind words guys! Rain just started a bit ago and is supposed to last 3 days. Fortunetly, I work the next 3 :) So I wont be missing out on build time. Saturday however; I'll be taking my new toy up to the Pavilions rod and bike show. Picked it up 2 weeks ago. Aprilia RS50cc with a 80cc kit on it. Goes good even with me on it. Little GP bike. Just dissapears underneath me. And it matches my truck...

Attachments

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
It's a great little toy to tune, just go through the European tuning catalogues. 25bhp at the back wheel is easily attainable. Close ratio gearboxes, matched barrel and pipe sets, competition reed blocks. Road legal but sticky tyres.

The fun part would be to be pulled for speeding at 120mph, then present the standard 50 in court and ask for an independent speed test, as you don't believe the radar gun.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
:) Cheers Wiggie! Its got the Malossi 80cc kit. Dont know about the reeds but carb is a Delorto 21mm I think. Full Arrow pipe and carbon can. current gearing I can go 70+ on the freeway. I'm dropping a tooth ( back to stock ) on the countershaft for an easier launch. I'm about 270 lbs so my chances of seeing 120 are slim. Lest I ride it out the back of a C130 at 10,000' Then Mabey. laff EDIT: If I blow this one up its getting the 125cc motor :)

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
26/28mm seems about right for the carb. The can is nothing, but soes the pipe match the porting? Try looking at VRM Servicepartner in Sweden. Roffe, in leathers now that don't shrink on him, does rather well, so I'd trust his tuning. In 1996, he had a 50cc motor with 17 at the back wheel in a sidecar outfit; he knows a bit. http://www.vrm.se/

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I passengered when he came over with Siwerth Ahlm and Thunder Racing Jawa. It was somewhat invigorating at times.