What kind of bike would you recommend?

GoldenMotor.com

caprirs302

Jul 6, 2009
Home
Spend a little extra money, get yourself a decent mountain bike, and buy a shift kit. The results are night and day, and for a few hundred dollars more you will have a decent bike instead of a rattling toy.

Comrade Alfonzo

Jul 15, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
1973 Schwinn Suburban baby, some problems but it oozes class, and I live with lots of hills and gravel so I will be pedaling and 10speeds are just fine, it's not finished yet I need a half link for the chain.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Sweeet. Love the old Schwinns. My fantasy bike; Felt Bicycles 2008

(have to make a special mounting for a 4 smoke)
That is a sweet bike dan....My dream bike is a Felt MP old WW1 or 2 style..Felt Bicycles 2008 problem is it cost around 6 bones plus shipping....Its a cruiser style heavy duty mofo....Im going to have to get me a spinger fork soon for my green KULANA MOON DOG,gotta love the springer forks,smmmmmooooooootttttttthhhhhhhhh....
John-John

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Man, wish you was closer John-John! (so we could race bar stools or coffee cups) I have a picture of the MP by the door to my office and a green Kulana with a 2 smoke on her. The "Electric avocado" as my wife calls her is awesome! Has held up well and great fit for 2 smokes! Carol's Mom wrecked Carol's car then my fancy high end car died (the $75 radiator needs a grand for parts) and am on her to get to work. awesome bike.

OH! my front fender failed on the moondawg after 2 yrs. Good 'ol crash. Check your fenders. Got good and hurt. "L" bracket failed.

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
OH! please let me know where you can find springers for the MoonDog. Commuting threw Hartford is not fun w/out suspension!

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Ya I love my moondog,its a solid bike,I changed out my fenders within the first few months to super solid chrome balloon fenders with double hangers on them....I am on my labtop I bought today(super deal used)and the site for the chrome springer forks is on my favorites on my girlfriends computer....I will look it up on her comp tomorrow and send you the link,I think they are around 30bucks,super cheap for chrome springer forks....Man I really dont know if I should have bought this laptop....That would have been 2whole engine kits from thatsdax,or 1 kit and a new red shwinn from wal-mart....I would of had a complete new bike setting in the drive way.....Ya it would be cool if we lived closer,We could get on our moon dogs and start a gang(the green machine's)or the apple dumpling gang lol....eather would work haha....
John-John
.shft.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Ya I love my moondog,its a solid bike,I changed out my fenders within the first few months to super solid chrome balloon fenders with double hangers on them....I am on my labtop I bought today(super deal used)and the site for the chrome springer forks is on my favorites on my girlfriends computer....I will look it up on her comp tomorrow and send you the link,I think they are around 30bucks,super cheap for chrome springer forks....Man I really dont know if I should have bought this laptop....That would have been 2whole engine kits from thatsdax,or 1 kit and a new red shwinn from wal-mart....I would of had a complete new bike setting in the drive way.....Ya it would be cool if we lived closer,We could get on our moon dogs and start a gang(the green machine's)or the apple dumpling gang lol....eather would work haha....
John-John
.shft.

LOLOLOL. "Green apple dumpling Gang" spit beer on that one. funny. way, way off topic ( I know) was at last years East coast rally. Was all Whizzers and 4 stokes. As I rode back from lunch on a Point Beach/2 smoke holding the gas tank up with my knee, I was singing at the top of my lungs (the guts to my muffler had fallen out and drowned me out) "Born to be mild!"

there was rum involved

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
LOLOLOL. "Green apple dumpling Gang" spit beer on that one. funny. way, way off topic ( I know) was at last years East coast rally. Was all Whizzers and 4 stokes. As I rode back from lunch on a Point Beach/2 smoke holding the gas tank up with my knee, I was singing at the top of my lungs (the guts to my muffler had fallen out and drowned me out) "Born to be mild!"

there was rum involved
Good song funny stuff....Ok im on my girlfriends computer,here is the link for the forks:

26" Classic Spring Fork, Chrome
If you look around on there site they have bunch of other cool stuff,its basically a lowrider site but has lots of good parts....
John-John