What is this part!?

GoldenMotor.com

Outraaageous

Apr 15, 2013
Florida
Motor2.jpg

Motor1.jpg

Okay i gather its a magnito of some sort, My questions is do i need it? will the motor still work. Im going with friction drive, i removed the middle bolt on the spinning part but the whole fan like casing didnt come out. I thought maybe i could remove it and allow my spindal (bike peg) to go further into the motor area because it is much longer than i need... OR should I bolt a flat straight bar to the 2 holes on the fan part. drill a hole into the center of that bar and attach peg that way? Thanks!

Outraaageous

Apr 15, 2013
Florida
Thanks for a fast reply!! Then ill have to attach my peg via the two holes closest to the center of the flywheel. Any ideas how to do that? The peg is actually wider than the gap between the holes, and ive run out of ideas

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Thanks for a fast reply!! Then ill have to attach my peg via the two holes closest to the center of the flywheel. Any ideas how to do that? The peg is actually wider than the gap between the holes, and ive run out of ideas
What diameter is your peg or friction drive spindle?

What size, cc and hp does your motor have?

Too large of a diameter will be too high of a gear ratio.

Also what terrain are you riding on, hills? flat?
Your weight might be a factor too.

Last edited:

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
need a photo of the other side of the engine,looks like the clutch side on a weed trimmer or something like that.
one side is usuallly the ignition/fan side,the other is the pto or drive side.

Outraaageous

Apr 15, 2013
Florida
20130415_231400.jpg

20130415_231501.jpg

The Flyweel originally had that circular piece with a spring bolted to it, Is that some sort of clutch?
Anyway Its a 25cc Toro weedeater motor
The peg i have is about 1 1/2 inches diameter
I live in Florida so not many hills but we do have alot of bridges and such by the beach here that can get kinda steep. Me myself am about 190lbs, the bike isnt very light but its not overly heavy, its a mongoose BMX if youve ever riden one you know what i mean. Any help here would be great!
I was going to attach a Large washer to the 2 holes on the flyweel after the (circle peice) was removed (picture in my first post), Pinching a bolt to the washer and then attaching the peg to that. However if that is a clutch im not even sure where to begin

20130415_23140111.jpg

Last edited: