dunelt cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

tazman289

Mar 23, 2013
ohio
I'm new to your forums but am picking up a lot. I picked up a dunelt 67 cruiser (which has 3 gears in the hub), I ordered two 2 stroke 66cc grubee skyhawk gt5 one for myself and one for a friend who is a mechanic (so when I run into trouble I have some assistance). I also got an air filter and am about to get a ngk bpr6hix spark plug. So that is my starting point but I have some Q's for you and advice and tips are always nice. First I was going to get a U shaped thick black tube from Lowe's to put my air filter on and face it forwards, is that a good idea or would there be a better way? Or keep it the same? The sprocket is 44 tooth, keep it or get a bigger 50 tooth? I also saw people liking the 40 tooth saying it's good for speed but it seems like it would give it more pep on the low end and slower top speed. Should I reinforce the fenders or just remove them?

Last edited:

tazman289

Mar 23, 2013
ohio
I'll put pics up soon. I wouldn't say I'm restoring the dunelt but repurposing for sure, New brakes and cables, removing all the rust, New paint job, black (original color) with dunelt decals, I have the original leather seat which I'll keep but I got a comfy seat for long rides, I am changing the handle that will remain to white as well as white tires.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I would build the kit and see how it runs before swapping sprockets, air cleaners, and other items. I know that seems like the long way around, but gear ratios depend on your weight, if you live in a hilly area, how much you want to pedal to reach cruising speed, etc. I run a 39t rear sprocket and weigh 220lb, but I live in a very flat area.

tazman289

Mar 23, 2013
ohio
I am definitely putting it together stock, the spark plug will go in another little thing if I don't use it but I always use that plug, although would like to hear how people are doing with the 5 & 7. Is 7 to cool? And I'm right around 160lb, I like speed but a little get up and go is nice on the low end, I would like to get it to around 35 or so but I wouldn't do that do long. More mid twenties range.