For you non-belivers- 79cc predator sent to California

GoldenMotor.com

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
I was just searching for a simple centrifugal clutch for it- they seem to start below $30-

but there don't seem to be any for a 410 or 415 chain- figures! Really tired of that kind of thing- all it takes is a sprock on it with a little different pitch-

don't know what an ezm tranny is- bet it's pricey.
Here is how I'm mounting my 79 and ezm and yes they are pricey $300
American made quality is worth it though

Attachments

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Ok- I just looked at the specs on the Predator manual-

The shaft DOES spin counter- clockwise- or the correct direction for the normal motor sprocket left side

It says it gets 3600 RPM- anybody know how that compares to a china girl?- what kind of back sprock are we talking for say an equivelant 36 tooth?

For $99 this looks pretty good- I've seen the platforms sold separately, but I'm sure you'd need wide cranks- AND a centrifical clutch-

This is the same horsepower 2 1/2- I had on my Rupp mini bike back in the late '60s- I'm not sure how fast it went before I put a Muculloch 50 chainsaw/ go cart motor on-

but sure it didn't do over 30- a bike would probably go pretty well with one of these and the right gearing- a shift kit for certain.dance1
I just spun my china girl to 8500 , she was singing for sure .....

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
How do you measure that RPM?

What kind of front sprocket might a 79cc 4 cycle motor pull? 10? 12? 14?

I'm thinking that a simple centrifical clutch set-up like on a mini-bike would both keep the cost and the WEIGHT down a little bit.

The motor is already much heavier than a china girl-
and needs a weighty platform of $30 +

Much more weight would force me, at least, to use heavier wheels- so the total weight might be a third again as heavy

It might be nice and quiet and smooth running- but it starts to change my whole approach-
but I wouldn't mind trying a 4 cycle- except for the cost.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
How do you measure that RPM?

What kind of front sprocket might a 79cc 4 cycle motor pull? 10? 12? 14?

I'm thinking that a simple centrifical clutch set-up like on a mini-bike would both keep the cost and the WEIGHT down a little bit.

The motor is already much heavier than a china girl-
and needs a weighty platform of $30 +

Much more weight would force me, at least, to use heavier wheels- so the total weight might be a third again as heavy

It might be nice and quiet and smooth running- but it starts to change my whole approach-
but I wouldn't mind trying a 4 cycle- except for the cost.
ummmm with a tach