Pulling a trailer, need more low end torque...

GoldenMotor.com

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
I pull a little trailer w/ all my work supplies.... 50-70 lbs....

I'm thinking a pipe will get me the most bang for the buck.... What about the reed induction?? I've read it gives good low end boost....

I have the wide port china....

I put an iridium plug on and it helped w/ the bogging....

I have the 44 t sprocket and its about right for cruising at lower rpm's... wouldnt want to go any bigger, would have to wind it up too much to get anywhere....

I know a jack shaft would solve all my problems, but not on this bike....I'm savin that for my next build... 29er.....

Thanks for input..

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
the quickest, easiest and cheapest fix would be to go to a bigger rear sprocket...but you said that you don't want to do that.
A pipe may give you a little more low end torque, but not as much as a gear ratio change.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
If your up for it I would say add a higher compression head. My motor came with a crap straight plug, uneven, no squish band head. I put on a angle plug head which was a Lot better on acceleration, torque, etc. (that head was warped from the start so i eventually switched to 70cc hi comp puch head) my bike has incredibly improved low end and acceleration. best of all this upgrade is cheap compared to pipes etc. An angle fire head only costs 15-20 and will be easy to install on a stock motor. (just a tip: get the sick bike parts hd head-stud kit, so worth it!) peace moto