Enforced restrictions

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
In order to get a motorised bike through the Single Vehicle Approval test here, I will need to actually reduce the output of whatever engine I use down to 1kw or 1.3 bhp. Since this will be a 2 stroke, there are several ways I can do it, but has anybody else had to do the same thing, and how did they do it?
.trk

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
In order to get a motorised bike through the Single Vehicle Approval test here, I will need to actually reduce the output of whatever engine I use down to 1kw or 1.3 bhp. Since this will be a 2 stroke, there are several ways I can do it, but has anybody else had to do the same thing, and how did they do it?
The motorised bike riders in Australia have an even lower power output
restriction and Rock Solid claims to have a motor that complies.

How much does that test cost?

Honda GX 25 & Robin Subaru 25 cc 4 strokes make less than 1.3 hp

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I think at the last count, it was £85 and about a third of that for a retest. Looking around, I've found a petrol scooter engine at 50cc that has a reduction gearbox on it and uses 8 mm chain in sensible sprocket sizes. I think the simple way of putting a spacer in the carb to stop the slide moving too much will be easiest; add a restriction on the silencer as well and it should be on the way.