Best Cruiser Tire for City Streets ?

GoldenMotor.com

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Hey y'all,
I've gone through numerous 2X2.125 cruiser tires on a street bike....maybe it's the way I ride but.....will anyone offer some advice as to which brand tires will last me and also provide a good ride.....and a good ride I'm meaning comfort,performance,stability and safety....I'm aware there's a buttload of these tires out there...but I'm not willing to pay 50 bucks a pop.....so if any of y'all feel compelled to submit an opinion I'm much obliged....

Thanks y'all,
Salty.shft.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The "Gotham" from performancebike.com is a tough city tire for the money. Unfortunately, the largest size for them is 26X1.75.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I like 1.75 with a straight street tread- they roll better, get better speed and mileage, and reduce shake considerably- knobby tires aren't good for the street

on the other hand, there's a Kenda, I think, out there with a big groove right down the middle- so the thinnest part of the tire is on the centerline- really bad news puncture-wise!

Here's my bike last summer with some $10 1.75 tread (I call them "offy" tires) I've since put the 27x 1 1 1/4 on the front - really great roll- it's for city street riding

Attachments

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Nice tire, but the 2.125 width tire may rub the motor chain. Unless you mounted your engine offset to the left, stick to a max tire width of 2.0. If you are running a friction drive engine, the rear tire can be as wide as you like.