newbe question

GoldenMotor.com

kbsrocks

Jun 13, 2008
S.W. Pa
anyone ever install a motor on the Landrider auto shift bikes? LandRider

Considering a GEBE 35cc robin kit. Is this a good idea or a bad one with this bike?

Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Welcome to the forum I'm sorry but I have no idea about that bike or even the kit but I'm sure someone can help you out. Good luck and good to see you here

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I'm not sure what that particular Gebe kit uses for a drive system. The auto shift would work good I bet if you had a jackshaft drive that used the pedal chain. If it uses a friction drive or belt or a left hand drive chain it would be like any other bike. A one speed. Welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. Glad you joined us................

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum, don't know much about the gebe. I think it might be a belt drive ?? I believe it should work but not positive.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I don't think anything but the jackshaft kit that allows you to drive your own sprocket would take advantage of the bike's auto transmition. Everything else would just turn the wheel the same as a friction drive would. You need something to turn the bik's chain and rear sprocket I think. Check with pablo or ghosto they have a jackshaft that works with the cheap ole china bike to do what you need, I think.

kbsrocks

Jun 13, 2008
S.W. Pa
Thanks for the responses. I am out of my element here. Thought it was as simple as buying a bike and kit and putting them together. Liked the idea of the exercise and the assist for the hills. Planned to commute a couple of miles to work and save a bit on gas. I don't have any experience with bikes or motors, and not a clue what a jackshaft kit is or why putting a motor on a geared bike makes it a one speed. may have to reconsider what I'm getting into. lol

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Most of your motorized bicycle use another chain and sprocket on the left side of the wheel. The motor runs the left side drive and the pedals run the right side drive. The do that so you can pedal the bike with the engine not running. Pablo and Ghosto make a jackshaft kit that allows the engine to run on the right hand drive chain....................

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona