Schwinn Aerovane

GoldenMotor.com

WECSOG

Nov 10, 2014
North Alabama, USA
Has anyone here bought this bike yet? It's a really cool looking, steel frame cruiser bike with fat tires. Better looking than a Cranny, both because of the fat tires and the straight bar design. And it has a lifetime warranty, although who knows if they would honor it if they determined it had been run with an engine! dance1
I'm definitely thinking about it. Here's a link:

http://amzn.to/2fI2sZu

Seabass

Oct 22, 2016
Colorado
Your going to have to cut that middle bar out. Have you checked firmstrong bruiser and chief. Similar price and a quarter mile of space in the frame especially the chief. Heck you could put a Kohler or briggs v twin in the chief!!! Lol. I don't know what your plans are for the bike, just remember no matter what you do get a front hand brake and upgrade from the cheapo Chinese coaster brake! Have fun, post some pics of your bike.

WECSOG

Nov 10, 2014
North Alabama, USA
I dunno; I've seen this bike in real life and it looks like a two stroke would fit.

BTW, here's my current bike before I added the expansion pipe and a few other mods. I added the suspension fork and front brake at the same time that I motorized it.

Seabass

Oct 22, 2016
Colorado
Glad to see you added the handbrake, nice job with the fork. If you can fit a 2stroke do it. I just recently cut a bar out of a bike I'm working on because I couldn't fit a briggs or a predator. All part of the fun of building i guess.

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
That's right I removed a seat stay, to fit a Briggs. Then welded a tab on the top tube to a mount bracket secured by head bolts on the engine. Had plenty of room for engine and Js. It can be seen under' Briggs build, here I go again'

Last edited:

WECSOG

Nov 10, 2014
North Alabama, USA
I've seen that build. In fact I was the first to reply to it, about the PZ19 carb.
I've been thinking about building a rat bike with a Briggs vertical-to-horizontal conversion on it, too. For that one I would probably build a manual belt clutch, like you did on your Del Rio.

jmason92

Apr 8, 2016
Lawton, OK
Could there be a way, if you can find or make a compatible mounting plate for it, to fit a GX35 in this style of frame, or maybe even a GXH50?

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
Very nice looking bike. Would've been my choice if money wasn't the issue. I think it has fatter tires which may or may not cause issues with the chain, but dang that is a good looking bike!

John Newkirk

Jun 2, 2017
Has anyone here bought this bike yet? It's a really cool looking, steel frame cruiser bike with fat tires. Better looking than a Cranny, both because of the fat tires and the straight bar design. And it has a lifetime warranty, although who knows if they would honor it if they determined it had been run with an engine! dance1
I'm definitely thinking about it. Here's a link:

http://amzn.to/2fI2sZu
heres a pic of two aerovanes with motors.
IMG_20170602_134957[1].jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WECSOG

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
LOVE the grey one! Now I REALLY wished I had held out for the Aerovane! Dumb question- I haven't seen one in person yet, but does it have the thick spokes? I love my Hyper BC, but the wheels were pretty spindly. Swapped them for *gasp* Cranbrook wheels with the thicker spokes.