look through the pix on this page......!

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I figured there would be a few here that would slobber over this one...LOL!

I have trouble keeping a clutch from slipping on my current High performance build, so I hope he makes up some very high quality Pucks for the clutch on that thing or he will just roast that clutch.

Map

FMB42

Sep 27, 2013
Idaho
Not my cup of tea, but regardless a considerable amount of skill & craftsmanship are involved.-Kirk
I agree. Reminds me of a machinist who paired a couple of Yamaha late '60s era YDS3 250cc parallel twin engines to form a 500cc in-line four (that shared the same "built up" crankshaft (IIRC, this running and ridable bike appeared in a motorcycle magazine). Some of the machinists in here might consider similarly configured project using a couple of Chinese 2-stroke bicycling engines.

Meanwhile, I'd like to know how many hours these guys put into such machines. Talk about having a love for your trade...

But then again, the $18K asking price for the twin cylinder bicycle engine probably best answers this question.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5SwXtBwJgQ

Not my cup of tea, but regardless a considerable amount of skill & craftsmanship are involved.

And to be fair the video stated first time started, so I’m sure it was fine tuned later. However compare the sound to this tiny 2 stroke...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McRGRD4lQY4

-Kirk
That second engine is a 4 Stroke engine, notice the external rockers on top for working the intake and exhaust valves.

neat project for someone who has wahy to much time on their hands...LOL!

Map

FMB42

Sep 27, 2013
Idaho
neat project for someone who has wahy to much time on their hands...LOL!Map
Speaking of hands, the head machinist at a machine shop I worked at (while fresh out of trade school) was missing a finger from one hand and a couple from the other hand due to separate work related injuries (this guy was an older man from Denmark or there-abouts). He was a extremely talented machinist (regardless of his injuries) and a very nice guy at that.

Anyway, my point is that being a machinist not only requires great talent, but a degree of bravery as well.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
"Never trust a shop teacher with ten fingers." - My Dad, after meeting my grade 9 auto shop teacher (he had 7.25 fingers... Dad still has all 10, he doesn't teach. ;)).

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
That second engine is a 4 Stroke engine, notice the external rockers on top for working the intake and exhaust valves.

neat project for someone who has wahy to much time on their hands...LOL!

Map
Opps, I meant to say 4 stroke.

My point was a 2 stroke isn’t really a good candidate for a V-twin, and even a tiny little 4 works better.

-Kirk