Virgin Islands motor biking.

GoldenMotor.com

NeutronBomb

May 29, 2008
Atlanta!!
www.myspace.com
Wow I haven't posted on here in years. I'm just not much of a forum person I guess! :p
Anyway, my girlfriend and I are getting a sailboat and moving to the Virgin Islands in about a year. Was thinking the best way to have a vehicle on St. John would be bringing a motorbike along. Dinghy it to the island and just leave it chained up every night.
I recall there was an admin on the forum that lived in the Virgin Islands. I'm looking for the laws/rules for motorbikes on the islands and was hoping he or someone else could chime in with any knowledge they may have.
Thanks guys!dance1

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Wow I haven't posted on here in years. I'm just not much of a forum person I guess! :p
Anyway, my girlfriend and I are getting a sailboat and moving to the Virgin Islands in about a year. Was thinking the best way to have a vehicle on St. John would be bringing a motorbike along. Dinghy it to the island and just leave it chained up every night.
I recall there was an admin on the forum that lived in the Virgin Islands. I'm looking for the laws/rules for motorbikes on the islands and was hoping he or someone else could chime in with any knowledge they may have.
Thanks guys!dance1
By the way welcome back and hope to see you posting here on a regular basis.... great place to be.

Map

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
You must take plenty of pics of your Caribbean adventure and post them here. I rented a beach cruiser bike and rode all over Abaco Island, Bahamas back in the year 2000 while the girls went shopping. I sure could have used a motor on that bike.

NeutronBomb

May 29, 2008
Atlanta!!
www.myspace.com
It'll be at least another year before we're down that way. The girl and I both own businesses and houses we need to take care of first... As well as buying a boat!
I don't know how anyone could get around saint Thomas or Saint John without a motor on their bike, some of those roads are straight up!
I hope to be posting more, like I said though, I just find myself outside more than inside on the computer. Perhaps once the winter comes ill be back around!
Oh yeah, hope to hear Paul's input soon too!
Thanks guys.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
living in st Croix I will tell you its a motorized bicycle paradise. I put over 5,000 miles on my bike this past year. only problem you will have with the police is them drooling over your ride.

NeutronBomb

May 29, 2008
Atlanta!!
www.myspace.com
Paul, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear! I figured dealing with a motor bike would be way easier than trying to have a vehicle imported. Thanks for your response. When I finally end up down there, we're going out for a ride.
Ps. Find me a good spot to free dive some lobster! :D

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Paul, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear! I figured dealing with a motor bike would be way easier than trying to have a vehicle imported. Thanks for your response. When I finally end up down there, we're going out for a ride.
Ps. Find me a good spot to free dive some lobster! :D
Livin' the dream..........

It sure does sound inviting. On the other hand, though, I probably couldn't stand a tropical climate.

Maybe I should head for those Islands in the neighborhood of Juneau AK .

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
also in i have only ridden in the rain 1 time and it was a light rain that lasted a few minutes. still amazes me. i have got home came in the door and it pours down after i get inside but never when riding. really is perfect for riding.
been here 5 years. coldest temp i have seen is 72, highest is 93 degrees. when i went to michigan last year it was in the high 90's. here is what we have to see while riding :)

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
I am on the east end of the island. the island you see their is buck island. you can see st Thomas and st john from my condo when clear out. they are about 50 miles north of st croix

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Heading out to St Thomas ,Grand Turk, Half moon cay and Puerto Rico tomorrow morning. It will be my fifth time out in that area but I missed last year due to work so I'm eager to swim and snorkel! Already miss riding my bike though lol.

Dan.