Me and my bee

GoldenMotor.com

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Isn't the screen to keep wasps and such out? I seen that in the ad print for a muffler tip for a 49cc 4 stroke exhuast,I think.

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
Ok, so I got the new roller. I got better speed and almost instant take off BUT it tore the living daylights out of my tire. I'm lucky I made it home. I may have to replace the bungy chord with a spring and turnbuckle system in order to fine tune the tension better. And I have the answer to anyone asking if it does better in wet weather. That answer is a difinitive no way in ****. I hit a puddle and it spun like a whirling dervish. I replaced the tire today and I have to re adjust the whole thing.
I knew what I was getting into so I'm not complaining. But I just saw a nice old Honda express on CL and I thought how wonderful it would be to just twist and go.
I'm gonna futz with the bee a little more but if I find its not working out for me I'm afraid it's going on CL.

Last edited:

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
The euro-thane roller is amazing!! I've been putting a bunch of miles on the engine to and from work and it's bee awesome in the cold. Much more consistent and reliable than my china girl.

I also changed the throttle to a twist throttle and I get far better control. They should do that by default. The lever throttle is a pain in the rear end.

Can't recommend the bumble bee enough for it's reliable performance and casual speed and ride.
I like the eurothane rollers also. They aren't gonna go through a water puddle and not slip but i do ride damp roads that my other drive wheel would have slipped on and the eurothane didnt slip at all. I mean if the road is soaked no friction drive is gonna not slip. Im glad someone else is enjoying there kit as much as i do!

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
Ok, so I got the new roller. I got better speed and almost instant take off BUT it tore the living daylights out of my tire. I'm lucky I made it home. I may have to replace the bungy chord with a spring and turnbuckle system in order to fine tune the tension better. And I have the answer to anyone asking if it does better in wet weather. That answer is a difinitive no way in ****. I hit a puddle and it spun like a whirling dervish. I replaced the tire today and I have to re adjust the whole thing.
I knew what I was getting into so I'm not complaining. But I just saw a nice old Honda express on CL and I thought how wonderful it would be to just twist and go.
I'm gonna futz with the bee a little more but if I find its not working out for me I'm afraid it's going on CL.
On mine the eurothane drive wheel works great. Of course its gonna slip of you hit a puddle but i ride mine about 30 minutes after it rains when the roads are still moist and it works great. If theres alot of water on the road of course its gonna slip. Check out the lowride tire at wally mines been on for 800miles. they work great. You can easily adjust your tension with the bungee if you need more tension then just move the knot down a hair. hope it works out for ya..

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
I just got back on my Bumblebee after using my two stroke china girl for 3 weeks straight. I need to readjust my tension as the cool air and lack of use has loosened the bunjee a tad (it seems that way anyway). I replaced the stock throttle lever today and now I have a ton more control which is very nice. Now I just need to retension it and get it back to what it should be.
what kind of throttle did you replace it with?

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
I know it's been a while but after being uninterested in motor bicycling for a while and getting rid of my cruiser because we moved, I fired up the bee again. This time on an old folding bike. I got the cable lift for it and sawed off that flaptraption that was originally on it.
I forgot how fun that engine was.
The bumble bee has a lot of haters....well haters gonna hate because I'm loving this crazy little engine again.
I would assume a Dax or staton would be better and if I ever get the money I may look into getting one (or a GEBE.... I want one of those big time)
I'm in an urban area with lots of starts and stops and no long open road opportunities. I doubt the performance of this 28cc weed wacker would be sufficient in that situation but it works great for me.

Btw: I have been accused of working for them or selling them. I don't

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I know it's been a while but after being uninterested in motor bicycling for a while and getting rid of my cruiser because we moved, I fired up the bee again. This time on an old folding bike. I got the cable lift for it and sawed off that flaptraption that was originally on it.
I forgot how fun that engine was.
The bumble bee has a lot of haters....well haters gonna hate because I'm loving this crazy little engine again.
I would assume a Dax or staton would be better and if I ever get the money I may look into getting one (or a GEBE.... I want one of those big time)
I'm in an urban area with lots of starts and stops and no long open road opportunities. I doubt the performance of this 28cc weed wacker would be sufficient in that situation but it works great for me.

Btw: I have been accused of working for them or selling them. I don't

Welcome back cuz, glad you're enjoying the little 2 smoker again, I know how it is when interest is a bit lost for a while, went through the same thing a while back and was away from here for a while, other things in life happened that required most all my attention and much of the fun stuff had to take a back seat, but I'm back now with bells on and whistles blowing..... lovin every minute of it and having a blast with this awesome hobby.

Always keep the rubber side down and again welcome back to the forum...

map
reddd

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
I would have done a chain drive but after reading this forum I got scared. I want chain drive speed but have friction drive mechanic ability.
Maybe in the future

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I would have done a chain drive but after reading this forum I got scared. I want chain drive speed but have friction drive mechanic ability.
Maybe in the future
The right bike frame and a few tools will get you going with an HT kit in no time, just take the plunge when you have the extra change to throw at it and plenty of good fellas here that will jump right in and advise you and help any way they can, just buy a good reputable kit like the kit from Thats Dax, I know there are other ones that have given people great service but if you get the Dax kit with the balanced lower it will be a pleasure to ride the bike because of the reduced vibes and less likely to have mechanical issues because of the quality bearings that he has in the engines, I know I sound bias toward Duanes engines but after owning others and now after owning the Gen IV GP360 Balanced lower from him I can honestly say I don't want anything any less now, IMHO it is the best bang for the buck hands down and thats why I just ordered another one about 5 minutes ago.....LOL!

Map
reddd

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
I'm coming to the south side real soon and run over some pesky little bugs .
Boohahahaha !!!! Map pm me your e-mail I got something for you .
laff