Shift kit- pull start HELP??

GoldenMotor.com

darbyman

Apr 11, 2013
australia
hey, the beast is finally done, still running in , got a shift kit , installed it works great, but i have alot of trouble starting it up and chains comming off ect. two questions, does annyone no how to make a pull start for these engines of where to buy one in australia from a shop? and also becasue of the fhift kit the chain likes coming off when going over bumps and stuff, is it possible to put a chain tensioner idler to stop it comming of, cheers

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
well I don't know who you'd buy a pullstarter you know its true you did you try rock solid ? and yes you're going to have to fabricate your own chain tensioner nobody makes one I put one on both sides of mine it eliminated any maintenance problems .I got sick and Jack in the motor up every week after I went riding .I bought my pullstarter from boy go fast on eBay in the states. good luck .

darbyman

Apr 11, 2013
australia
cheers HD, yeah iv seen them on ebay but it will cost me $70 to aus for a PULLSTART!! haha, i might just have to do it, and it will be no probs making a custom chain idler i really think these kits should come with pullsarts , anyway thanks