Motorized Bicycle book ?

GoldenMotor.com

BGRooster1

Nov 4, 2010
Fond du Lac,WI
Not sure where to put this ..crt.
Saw online that Tom Bartlett has a book out on motorized bicycles . Has anyone read this book and if so is it any good ?

Last edited by a moderator:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I think we have a book being written daily right here with all sorts of information being constantly updated. What book do you know of that can answer questions which have not yet been asked until you ask it? This hobby/sport/endeavor is constantly changing as new hardware, new engines, and ideas coming from all sorts of creative people are shared. I see a huge difference in the general level of builds from say, two years ago when I signed on. The bar of excellence and innovation keeps getting raised here, on the best motor bicycle forum in the world and the very best forum I have been privileged to be a part of. We are our own book.
SB

BGRooster1

Nov 4, 2010
Fond du Lac,WI
Silverbear . Take a pill . I asked a simple question .
Some people still like a book to read and can't always have an internet connection available. Simple question , looking for a simple answer .

Pinoyxprss

Mar 15, 2011
CA
A Book would be a great start for newbies like me, I'm sure it has information on basic setup.

Good find

Thanks
JD

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Silverbear . Take a pill . I asked a simple question .
Some people still like a book to read and can't always have an internet connection available. Simple question , looking for a simple answer .
I believe what Silver Bear is saying is that a book, no matter how comprehensive, is essentially a 'snap shot' of how things actually are. This hobby is ever changing and evolving to the point that a published book will only give you a look at how things are at the moment the writer finished his effort. That's depending on the author's experience.
Innovation is what keeps this hobby alive and well. Relying one one person's 'opinions' is a narrow focus that you'd be better off to avoid. If a book is what you need then go for it but you'll find quickly that what you read today might well be 'old hat' tomorrow.
Tom

Mannhouse51

Jun 2, 2011
West Michigan
I know this is an old thread. I just recieved this book , Motorized Bicycles by Tom Bartlett. I just enjoy reading about history...and this book has quite a lot in it about the old days . Starting with steam powered bicycles and then into the early 1900's and so on. Good read so far. I bought it on amazon.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
That book is written by Tom who used to own the other site, it is just a compilation of info from the other site, the internet and some pics. This forum you can find anything and everything needed for your motorized bicycle.
Motorbicycling.com. - The ultimate user guide

Last edited: