Bicycle horns?

GoldenMotor.com

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Hi everyone: I'm thinking about getting a bicycle horn for my 2 stroke MB. It has to be loud enough to be an effective audible warning on the road and loud enough to be heard over my rather loud engine. I don't want ones that chirp or ring a bell. The best one I have seen so far is called the AirZound (video here). You can pump it up with air pressure and it makes a nice loud horn like sound. The only problem with it is that you must mount a rather large air tank on which I have no real room for. I saw one called the Horn-it (video here) that runs on batteries and makes pretty loud beep sound. It's not as loud as the AirZound but it still seems pretty effective. It also has a setting for a chirping sound which seems kinda useless to me but it has much better mounting options. Has anyone put a horn on their MB? What did you get and do you find it effective? Any new horns on the market these days anyone can recommend for MBs??

WightBoy

Aug 30, 2012
Michigan, USA
I just picked up an Airzound. I like it for the fact that it doesn't use batteries and can be refilled quickly (1 second with compressor). I have not used it in traffic but it did scare the crap out of my unsuspecting wife! I have not mounted it yet but with the weather here I am in no hurry!

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
The AirZound horn is an excellent investment, I've put them on two bikes so far. Drivers (including large trucks and semis) can hear it in traffic, as well as a pedestrian with music louder than your motor blasting in thier ears.

It's also fun to 'race' with a train and hit the horn. The few times I've done it they've smiled, waved and honked back. (^) (Note: on a road alongside the tracks, with no intent of trying to cross the train's path. Don't ever try to do that.)