Fat Tire Bicycle Chopper

GoldenMotor.com

graucho

Feb 21, 2008
Minnesota
WOW!!!!!!!
I know this posting is a little late, butt SHOOT!!!!!
do you have a spare bucket to catch the drool, what do you do for a living? you gotta be makeing some serious bank to be able to afford this baby!!!
Thanks industrialphreak. When you "do it yourself" you have more control over the $. I'll be honest and tell you I have $867.52 exactly total. I know many here have a lot more than that into there rides. :D It just looks spendy. Thats the importance of DIY.

i might be a "newb" but i know a bad ass bike when i see it...and i saw it lol
loonglivethe2wheeler
-J
Thanks JNATE105. Its a blast to ride also.

i think this is the best bike ive seen by far
Thanks bigluelok, Thats very kind. I'm like a kid in a candy store around here. OhOhOh I want that one, no wait, that one. LOL

Fantastic build there Graucho, its come up a real treat, whats it like to ride?, post a vid of it crusing if you can
My youngest daughter came back home from college to find the latest bike. She was always a big mini chopper fan of mine so needless to say she was pulling the bike out of the garage within the first 10 minutes home. After a long bike ride she was smiling and laughing for an hour after. This goofy bike seems to have that effect on everyone who has hopped on it for a ride

YouTube - ELECTRIC FAT TIRE CHOPPER BICYCLE

SP-Electronics

Sep 1, 2009
AZ
This reply is really late, but I just had to comment. This is one absolutely fantastic build! Thanks for sharing it, and especially Thank You for sharing your parts sources, because I'm sure that will come in handy for MANY people.

I stumbled on this thread while searching for jackshafts for a golf cart project I'm working on, and now that I saw your build, I know what one of my future projects is going to be! :)

Is there a reason you went with the electric front wheel, instead of just using an electric drive motor and using your existing jackshaft drive system? I guess space was a big concern, since you needed room for batteries, but I think you could have squeezed it all in. If you used the right type of motor, you could also have used it as a "generator" while pedaling, which could charge the batteries, and run a light. I don't imagine it gets pedaled all that much anyway...

Again, much thanks for showing us this great build!

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
sorry for the old post boost but think some people need to see this all the new people could get some good (and no bull****) info from this

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
sorry for the old post boost but think some people need to see this all the new people could get some good (and no bull****) info from this
Thanks for boosting this old thread, I'm working on a stretch cruiser with the Lifan 50cc pitbike motor,
same type of motor used on the old Honda Trail 70, cept of course these motors are now cloned chinese knock off's with Lifan being one of the better companies and they can be purchaced for $150 to $200 american bucks.

Hopefully Graucho could post an update here, I think he pulled the gas motor and went electric on this build least I think he did I read about it somewhere in the forums.

Peace Crazy Horse.

Alex

Dec 24, 2007
Beautiful work graucho. I am adding some pics to an Photo article I am doing.

Pulled the bike down to good old mother earth for the first time to check the tracking and ballance. PERFECT! Peddals like a dream. A few chain links need to removed. Handle bar head neck needs to be spun forward. Handled excellent for being 7ft 11in long. (Wider turns of course) I pulled it next to my daughters car to get a peek what 7ft 11in looks like. After the engine test run is done it will be unassembled completely for painting. Im sure ill need to fine-tune my sprocket ratios for speed concerns. More to follow.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Graucho, as old as this thread / build is, its still my favorite Fat Tire Chopper Build hands down Bro!

When I suggest to member could you please share with us your build list, such as where you bought, what you bought, and the complete break down of your build list I refer them to this post as a reference for a complete build list!

Your builds are inspiring to us all here at Motorbicycling!

Some of the things / information Graucho has suggested are:

1. ( Beginners Welder ), I know Hoorible Fright but hey when you are starting out as new custom motorized bicycle builder this little welder holds its own!

2. Where Graucho buys his steel tubing.

3. Where to buy a tubing bender ( Harbor Freight ).

4. Where to buy your frame. Then chop it and make it a custom build.

5.Front forks & Handlebar's where to buy.

6. Wheels where to buy.

7. Seat where to buy it.

8. Chain Ring, Pedal's & Pedal Crank.

9.Jackshaft & Jackshaft sprockets.

10. Chains.

11. Paint's & Air Brush!

12. Etc...etc...etc...

I was thinking about you and wanted to say thanks for sharing Graucho, what a complete build list is like from your experience, being an old school Custom Motorcycle Builder turned Custom Motorized Bicycle Builder!!

Peace Crazy Horse.

When I see other peoples builds I always ask myself...."self" where did he get that item? Well, i'm not going to leave anybody out there hang'in with that question. I hope this helps someone if they need a similar part that I have used on my bike. I used to have better tools but I got rid of them when I thought I was getting out of building. (wrong) since, I bought a lot of stuff "on the cheap" and they have worked out just fine. Take care and thanks for your kind words everyone. graucho

Tubing 1/8 steel. 2", 1.5", 1.25", 1"___South St. Paul Steel Supply - Products

Tube bender 3 years old___ Harbor Freight Tools

Welder 2 years old___ - Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Frame Design (copied)___ Frame 24" Chopper Super Fat - Choppers U.S., LLC

Handle bars___ Handlebar Cruiser Moon CP - Choppers U.S., LLC

Brake lever___ Skull Brake Lever - Pair - Choppers U.S., LLC

Fork___ Fork Kit - Chopper Chrome - Choppers U.S., LLC

Front wheel / rim___ Wheel/Tire/Tube/Hub/Rim : Wheels - Steel - Choppers U.S., LLC

Peddles sprocket___ Pedals Stingray Silver 9/16 - Choppers U.S., LLC

Seat___ Seat - Hot Rod Flames - Choppers U.S., LLC

Braided lines___ Cable Casing-Stainless-Per Ft. - Choppers U.S., LLC

Mirror___ Mirror - Teardrop Right CP - Choppers U.S., LLC

Throttle___ Mini Chopper Misc. Parts & Accessories

Aluminum Bullet Axle Nut 1"___

Front Light___ Old model of a Kids Razor 12v kids motorcycle.

License frame___ Walmart

Tail light___ Walmart

Licence Plate___ Self designed from photo of my youth

Pillow block bearings___ PILLOW BLOCK BEARINGS - Pacific Northwest Bearing

Rear wheel and rim___ https://www.3rsalesandservice.com/catalog/3RSalesandService/GATG12714Y.htm
https://www.3rsalesandservice.com/catalog/3RSalesandService/GAT12D114C.htm

Axle and hub___ Rear Axle & Hub kits

Disk Brake___ Rear Axle & Hub kits

14 tooth freewheel___ 14 Tooth Freewheel Sprocket

Jackshaft___ Main, BMI Karts and Supplies - Home

Jackshaft sprockets___ eBay Store - Fremont Industrial Supply: Hydraulic Pneumatic, Fluid Power, Electric motors

Chains___ Tractor supply

Idle tensioner___ Tractor supply

Rear fender___ Tractor supply (aluminum car ramp end)

Plastic gas tank___ Ebay

Saddle bag for tank___ Walmart

SLA Sealed Lead Acid Battery___ Radio shack or Batteries Plus

Battery charger 1amp (for Lead Acid Battery___ Batteries Plus

Centrif- clutch___

Airbrush pen (6 years old)___ opps...Its called... d i c kblick.com with no spaces.

Primer (sandable, scratch filling)___ Napa Auto

Red oxide Spot filler/Putty___ Local Auto paint dealer

Rust-oleum Paint___ Home Depot

Acetone___ Home Depot

Last edited by a moderator: