How fast can your 80cc really go?

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I can't... Even down hill, you would be running something like 20,000 RPMs unless you have gears, you'd blow up the engine.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
maybe he was going 68mph down a very steep hill with the clutch pulled in,but that would have nothing to do with how fast a bike with engine goes.

I can go 35mph down a flat road with a 48cc and 44t sprocket,but i dont need to go any faster than that.

Scotchmo

Jun 23, 2009
Los Osos, California
Raw 80 (66cc) motor, Schwinn Delmar, 44t sprocket, calibrated digital speedometer:

30 mph on flat, smooth roads
34.9 mph with a good tailwind/and or slight downhill
Cruises best at 25 mph.

bodydropped

Jul 9, 2009
atlanta
black stallion engine kit,ported head,notched piston,ported intake and exaust and a little tinkering with carb aswell as a nasty leak from the crank seal behind the magneto it looses so much pressure the engine stalls as soon as the clutch is disengaged, any ways 38.3 mph on a old heavy bike with me 205lbs and the current motor issues dnut

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
here is my main ride. "80"cc kings motor on GT Agrressor Triple Triangle frame. some mods on the carb and some exhaust porting, CE clutch actuator, performance pipe and running a 35t sprocket on wheel top speed has been 41mph; general cruising around town 30 mph all day!

Attachments

bodydropped

Jul 9, 2009
atlanta
this is the max speed on my other bike the "reliable one"
no mods just playin with carb i actually swapped on the carb from my other bike
and the thing went 42.4 mph and climbing but i let off
i wounder why my other bike with all the mods is slower only 40mph and this one is basically stock and the same black stallion kit hmmm. dnut

EDIT ****changed fuel valve on the tank due to leakage and replaced plastic line with rubber and it eliminated foaming in the line and hit 45.2mph :D hehehehe

Last edited:

Down_South

Aug 28, 2008
North Carolina
All stock parts on my bike engine I can go 27.3 MPH downhill and 20 MPH uphill. I weigh 255 lbs, so that should tell you how hardy the engine is especially if it can pull a fatso like me down the road! LOL :D

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
All stock parts on my bike engine I can go 27.3 MPH downhill and 20 MPH uphill. I weigh 255 lbs, so that should tell you how hardy the engine is especially if it can pull a fatso like me down the road! LOL :D
Refreshing to see someone tell the truth for a change. :)

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i have stock parts and i can go 25-30mph crusing on flat ground (and its not really reving very high either)and if i really pushed it i could hit 35mph.i have o vibrations since my engine is mounting with rubber and does not move and is mounted tight. i weigh 120lbs.

so thats the truth too, plus i have a 48cc engine.

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
I just fired my Stiletto.trk for the first time tonight. A little tweeking on the expansion pipe for pedal clearance and this thing should rock with the jackshaft and megarange deraileur!

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
i have stock parts and i can go 25-30mph crusing on flat ground (and its not really reving very high either)and if i really pushed it i could hit 35mph.i have o vibrations since my engine is mounting with rubber and does not move and is mounted tight. i weigh 120lbs.
so thats the truth too, plus i have a 48cc engine.
That's about what I've gotten out of the few dozen 50cc and 80cc over the years. I have to laugh at the guys getting 50mph with a 44t sprocket.

Ahhhh... 120lbs... Those were the days.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.