what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Nice work, massdrive. That's a nice clean looking build.

Today I finally got back to the replacement tank for my cruiser. The original got dinged, and the impact transfer caused leaks at the tank studs. Anyway, the replacement tank has been painted and waiting for me for a while, so I finally striped and chrome trimmed it to match it's predecessor. Now I'll give it a little time to let the contact adhesive in the trim try to do it's thing and then swap it onto the cruiser.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Hmmm, something here doesn't belong.....
Oh Huffy!
Stripped crank :(
Good thing the replacement donor is raring to go.

How'd you do that? I've got 400+ mi on my original crank and pedals and haven't done that!

We have the same bike, btw.

BP! That's some crazy stuff right there. Glad you're okay, minus some bumps and bruises. Time for a brighter headlight I guess. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Must take more 'oommph' to start the newly higher compression engine.......:D

Last edited:

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Haha, if I had been taking a drink while reading that Im positive I would have blown it out my nose. :)

I check my pedals about every other ride. I've never had this happen lol, not sure the cause.
Quite possible it was just a bad casting. I had to replace a crank on my dad's mtn bike because he ripped the pedal out just like yours.

oldsmobile20

Oct 19, 2013
El Paso Tx
Since engine sized and freewheel died too and im 6 ft tall motor bike was build on a cruiser bike frame i thought that i should pull everything apart and build
a taller frame and start all over again

oldsmobile20

Oct 19, 2013
El Paso Tx
GearNut lots of parts from the old bike are going into the new build thanks for asking i will be ordering a thats dax ktm klone soon and heavy duty front crank free Wheel from sbp and the direction im thinking is more like board track racer

sboricic123

Apr 15, 2013
Bailieboro, Ontario
I didn't do any bike work but almost finished putting together a cargo trailer. I bought the Bell bicycle trailer off Kijiji for $60 and made it into a cargo trailer. There's just a couple more things I want to do with it. I had to move the arm to the right side of the trailer because it was interfering with the chain sprocket.
Photo0106.jpg

Photo0107.jpg

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Gearnut, Thank you for the comp. Everywhere I go with it people flag me down and have questions. The new engine has a new gt2a-s frame. Almost complete. Lost a 11g spoke while lacing up new disc brake front hub. Can't buy one off the shelf, ordered a new one 2 weeks ago today. Fitting expansion chamber while waiting for spoke...

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Go to work on an exhaust for the Kulana bike with the Dax lower build this evening, got the header pipe made up and it is just roughly mounted in pic to show how it will look on the bike, this bike will get several other changes made to it before its where I want it, but it needed a good expansion exhaust and next it will get the RT carb thats just itching to be installed and tuned for this pipe.

here is the pipe, it is a X1/X2 pocket bike pipe and is a tad larger than the X7 pipe, www.pocketbikeparts.com sells these for $49.95 and also sells the smaller X7 pipe for the same price.

Pic of my dusty dirty Kulana with the X2 pipe kinda sorta on it.

Map reddd

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Kinda freaky look'n ---- I like it!!

Seem's like it would lend itself quite nicely for some heat resistant 'flame' stickers!