New bicycle engine kit came - kickstand??

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Re: New bike kit came - kickstand??

this is one of the styles for the rear wheel. i put a link to one on ebay in the other thread also

Attachments

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com

Thanks for all the ideas - my storage pulley system has worked great so far - in fact VERY HANDY. I get everything at the perfect height. The only bummer - it works too good....when I put the cars in the garage the bike is out of touch...when I'm supposed to be doing husbandly duties.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

lol those honey do lists get large sometimes. and we have all heard or you will here "are you playing with that bicycle again" lol

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas

Here's what happens when the wind blows here in Texas. Kick stands are where you go and recieve punishment for leaving things standing up instead of laying it down.rotfl Here we use a wind chain instead of a sock.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas

Naw. I didn't feel a thing but it got the bike attention. rotfl I think it give the old rat character and I kind of like the fact now that the first dent is there I won't worry it about more.(^)
Norm

TeddyB

Jan 19, 2008
alto michigan

Hi all Im Ted from Michigan, I have an 80 cc 2 cycle chinese and I am on my way to the introduction page right now to introduce my self.

Somebody on another motorbike forum said use your bike carrier while its on the car, I havent tried it yet cause my garage is not heated but I will when it warms up here in Michigan. It sounded like a good Idea to me. That is to work on your bike I mean,if you dont have a work stand.

Teddy

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

great tip! never thought of that. glad to have you with us. i am in battle creek michigan. welcome to the forum
:ride2:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Silly question - my bike does not have a kickstand - how should I prop this beast up whilst I work? Even with a kickstand, it can't be easy. Clamps? Props? Don't want to spend dollars. ()
I built one out of wood (strictly for working on the bike till I got the engine on and hooked up) that bolts to the frame where the kickstand bolt hold is. When you're done, then you unbolt it and bolt on the kickstand. It was SportsCarPat's idea I believe.

But before that, for my very first build, I just used a bunch of rope and I'd hung the frame from the ceiling of my shed. You just don't tie rope anywhere you might have to bolt something.