4 stroke manual clutch

GoldenMotor.com

4Psycle

Nov 14, 2016
WI
Recently, I built a friction drive bicycle. Now want to buy a 4-stroke chain or belt driven kit but I would like to get reviews on Manual vs Auto clutch. Can anyone please help me with this?

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
I vastly prefer automatic clutch, as you can use it to assist your takeoff a bit before it fully engages, as opposed to manual, where it is either off or on, with nothing in between. Also you can just release the throttle and hit the brakes, instead of release the throttle, pop the clutch, and crash before you can hit the brakes.

4Psycle

Nov 14, 2016
WI
I vastly prefer automatic clutch, as you can use it to assist your takeoff a bit before it fully engages, as opposed to manual, where it is either off or on, with nothing in between. Also you can just release the throttle and hit the brakes, instead of release the throttle, pop the clutch, and crash before you can hit the brakes.
Thank you for the reply. I was thinking of having the ability to peddle start if the pull cord broke. But I suspect it is not invented yet in the auto clutch. I was looking at the cheap 4 stroke Huasheng 49cc motors on Ebay and reports are that the pull cord will break in no time. Then what? I like your comment about manual clutch and will seriously look at automatic. Is centrifugal clutch the same as automatic clutch. Thank you again.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Curt's correct. I just ordered 2 more 3D clutches. They're heavy duty and very well made, a real quality assembly. Mount on the motor or the jack shaft. And technical support is top notch with very fast shipping.