My First Build. Done finally. Some nice upgrades.

GoldenMotor.com

burrus

May 25, 2016
Seekonk, Ma
Okay, I purchased a 49cc Cruiser style motorized at the beginning of summer and was hooked. But after going on the forums, and seeing what was out there, I decided I could do better. So I scoured Craigslist for the right bike and found a Specialized Crossroads (XL frame as I'm 6'3") that had been used about 5 times. I got a steal on it and decided to go with the Skyhawk 66cc for an engine. I had a couple of chain/tensioner issues with the first bike, so I purchased 10' of #41 roller chain from Tractor Supply (21.99) and a spring loaded tensioner off ebay ($20.00 with free shipping). Also got a dual brake lever/throttle assembly with built in kill switch. (20.00 +shp) Made of METAL too. The quality of it is fantastic. Much more solid than kit throttle, which is all plastic. What held me up the most was finding the right gas tank. I just don't care for the peanut style tanks. I found this one which came primed and I painted it to match the bike.(40.00)+shp) Also upgraded the plug wire and boot with a set of high performance copper core wires from Advance Auto. (38.99 for 8) Took it out today, and rides like a dream. Love the front and seat suspension. Soooo much more torque than the 49cc and quieter too. Very happy. So far.....

Attachments

Last edited:

vatoed

May 28, 2016
Chicago, IL USA
Excellent build, you built it like a pro.
I have the same frame/bike and it is my favorite out of several that we have built.
Enjoy and keep us updated.

- there has always been a bug or two on all of our builds, let us know how it goes after riding a few sessions.

burrus

May 25, 2016
Seekonk, Ma