Looking for riders in Maricopa and/or Phoenix Az

GoldenMotor.com

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona
Good Evening all,
After 15+ years in the city of Lost Wages Nevada I am packing up my family and moving to a suburb of Phoenix Az called Maricopa (about 20 miles south) at the Feb 2014. It took me 2 years to finally find someone in Vegas to ride with, and I am hoping that it will take less time in Arizona to be able to meet up with some MBers.
I know there are at least a few forum members out there, do you guys ever get together and do fun rides? I also like to do some light (under 50 miles) road bicycle riding and would like to find someone to ride with once in a while.
Anyone close to my neck of the woods? Phoenix is a damn big town, 1.6 million people. I tell you I never thought it would take 90 miles to get across a city in good traffic.
Anyway I hope to be able to meet at least a couple of you when I move.

Last edited:

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Massdrive, speaking of trail riding, did you ever find any?
Sorry man!
-Zane Smith
There are lots of trails in Clark County and even more gravel and primitive roads to explore year round. This is why I drive a Jeep. The motorized bicycle stays on the pavement, I'm tired of fixing flat tires.

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona
So I have finally completed the move to Maricopa, about 20 miles outside of Phoenix. Still looking for anything in the Phoenix area to go riding with. Anyone?

May 28, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
I work right across from it, 64th st and Indian school. But I have not had a chance to ride them yet, one of my head bolts broke off in the block so I'm planing to extract it and put all new head studs in this week, already ordered

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona
Doh! That sucks. That is a nice looking machine you have though. How many miles do you have on her? Have you taken her out along the canals yet? I don't have anything so pretty, mine is heavy on function, light on form. I don't have tons of experience but enough to know my way around if you need help. Also have a couple engines worth of spare parts if you need anything.

May 28, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
I literally just got it together last weekend, went to torque the head studs down and one snapped, I did fire it up on Tuesday and had a lil ride/break in but now I have to get that stud fixed ASAP, no canals as of yet

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona
Damn, I know how it feels to have a new toy and it breaks right away. With these engines, torque the head bolts from 120-140 INCH pounds. If you don't have one, you may want to pick up a torque wrench. I got mine from Harbor Freight for $20. Please forgive me if you are mechanically inclined, I just try to offer helpful advices. **** you may know more about this than I do! Anyway, good to meet you. Like I said if you need help, advice, parts, PM me and I will see what I can do! I don't live close by here though so it might have to be after work that I can assist.

Also this forum is FILLED with just about everything you would ever need to know about these engines. Use the search feature, you can find a ton of info if you look.

I haven't taken mine out on the streets of Phoenix much. I am sure they are like anywhere though. Ride safe and follow the rules, look like you know what you are doing and they will leave you alone. Ride like an idiot, and be reckless and they will pay attention.

Last edited: