Soupin up the gasbike

GoldenMotor.com

BoardTrackBomber

Nov 4, 2013
OK
In the never ending quest for more performance and speed I have finally gotten around to swapping on the spare jug I ported a while back. Definitely worth the effort. The throttle response is better, the engine feels like it makes more power as I can drive as fast/faster with less throttle as compared to before. I also picked up a bit of top end speed as well. Cheap. Simple. Easy. Everyone should mod theirs this way. I know this has already been done by many people before myself, but I just wanted to share my success with it as well.

The Beast. ^^

I didn't really do anything to the transfer ports at this time, maybe on the next portjob I will gather up a long shank carbide burr and/or tiny files small enough to work the transfer ports by hand. I did break the sharp edge at the bottom of the transfer ports though. ^^

Exhaust port after port work. ^^

Intake port after port work. ^^

BoardTrackBomber

Nov 4, 2013
OK

Head removed, about to pull the existing jug off. ^^

I made my own gaskets. ^^

Ported jug with new gasket and high temp RTV ready to be installed. ^^

View of the jug hanging on one stud. You can also see the bottle of 2 stroke oil I used to pour on the cylinder after swapping jugs to ensure everything was nice and oily (smoky!!) on the next startup cycle. ^^

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Nice! Did you replace the wrist pin bearing while you were in there, or do you have a bushing? I wish I had done that on my China Girl, but I could not get the wrist pin all the way out so I gave up. About 200 miles later, boom! Well, more like "pop!", then no more compression due to bearing pieces scoring my cylinder walls.

Now I am riding electrics, but contemplating a 4 stroke 5 HP Tecumseh build...

BoardTrackBomber

Nov 4, 2013
OK
The wrist pin bearing looked okay so I just left it alone. Having said that, everyone of these Chinese two strokes I've torn into have all had pretty loose tolerances, which is to be expected for something so inexpensive.

I have a 5.5 HP OHV Tecumseh laying around from an old gocart that I was contemplating throwing on a bike myself... Not sure if/how the legality could be sorted out.