Latest Ebay engine kit

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Here are a few of the latest kit from mingsinternational on ebay.
Looking decent upon teardown, usual damage on main drive gear screw. Not too much debris in the case.

The cylinder has the large exhaust port, but as usual, it's completely wasted due to the gasket being so small.

Cylinder plating looks good and the head has decent machining.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I see they haven't upgraded the fasteners. Did they glue the high voltage lead into the CDI? Engine doesn't look bad. How was the rest of the kit? Throttle, clutch lever, fuel tank?
What is that kit going for today?

Tom

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I'd bet that most people don't trim those gaskets.
That's power lost right there.
An easy mod.
I note that on most kits the gasket is exactly the size/shape of the exhaust pipe - how will making it bigger help that pipe?

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
These new kits have nicer base / intake / case / cover gaskets as well. They are brown and much higher quality than anything i have seen before.

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Good point!
My answer would be that it be better trimmed if you had your exhaust ported and beveled.
Otherwise, I suppose it's better to not have the exhaust hit a gasket right off, or hit a gasket edge on, then off, then hit the exhaust edge too.

Or, a tapered cut to the gasket would eliminate hard angles at least.

How's that for an excuse?

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
My latest kit from bgf also has the beefier gaskets and needed little port cleaning..... I hope these are signs of better quality coming our way.....