the 109.00 kit from ebay.

GoldenMotor.com

redheadsticky

Apr 4, 2012
south dakota
first off let me say, cheap. kit was ok gas tank all the other pieces but the motor. not so good. clutch would not engage the motor. after i get involved= pissed off. i wanted to take apart for 2 stroke 101. the clutch adjusting procedures didnt seem to work at all on this motor. the 3 pins to break free the dried grease while holding gear in stop mode didnt work at all. i ended up taking all the good parts off and breaking open the rest to see WTF was going on. 2 screws stayed tight but with my trusty hammer i got to see the gears turn and move the piston. bottom line 1-2 in 10 are lemons. and these are throw away motors. will spend a little more just on a motor body now that my first attempt at the cheapest was a total mistake. DO NOT BUY THE EBAY MOTOR KIT FROM MINGS INTERNATIONAL FOR 109.00 PLUS 20 SHIPPING UNLESS YOU JUST WANT THE GAS TANK AND CHAIN ETC.ETC.

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Just bought a kit off ming,,mine was fine,,had a little ping and was under powered,,but the guy who purchased the bike over two weeks ago is more than happy with it,,he rides it 10 miles a day to work and back,,told him if hes gonna blow it up he better do it before may 14th.so we can ship it back for a new one,,but so far so good!

BTW-Every motor Ive got had a stuck clutch,,i break them free by pulling the lever in all the way and prying on the sprocket with a big flathead,,breaks em free every time so far,,as long as the plate moves out an 1/8th " when lever is pulled in the clutches all work good for me so far...

Good Times ...

Tom :)

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
It's been said time and again, but still we get people blaming the vendors now and again. The vendors do not manufacture the kits or the engines, nor do they have any afilliation with the factories where they are manufactured. The vendors are drop shippers, and 9 times out of 10 do not even open the boxes. When you get your kit, its most likely in the same box they put it in at the factory where it was made. So don't blame the vendor for a bad kit. I would recommend you ask for a replacement engine, but since you've disassembled yours, you are now unable to return it.

redheadsticky

Apr 4, 2012
south dakota
i know how there built and sent. my kit was in great condition, packing, etc. just letting people know something was amiss in the clutch areas and motor would not work. you dont know until you get all together. already emailed vendor said not your fault. i work so im not worried about the 109.00. rest of kit is great. just a warning to others who might be on a budget, spend a little more for something else.

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Usually the something else you can do yourself,,all those USA venders like Bikeberry,GAs Bikes,ect... get the same kits you would get from ebay,,they just go over them and add better quality parts sometimes,,then add a sticker to the primary cover and a warranty,,I would rather get a RAW china girl NIB and go over it myself instead of trusting somebody else to do the work.Before I attempt to mount any motor to a bike I free up clutch,check for 1/8th " plate travel,snug up and finger nail polish flower nut locking screw,lube gears,clutch shaft and ball,,remove head,,bottom out head studs torque up to spec,,take off carb bowl and check tighten jet and float level O-ring intake,lube all cables,thats just how I am,,and have had great results so far with my first 3 builds,,all are running great with stock parts.

Most important IMO is getting the motor to lineup square with frame,,then snug up tight without any rubber,,metal to metal is best,,also take great time on rear wheel to get a perfect sprocket alignment with no wobble or run out.You shouldn't have any problems.

Last edited:

redheadsticky

Apr 4, 2012
south dakota
contacted MINGS on ebay and he sells motors for 93.00 shipped. i said since i bought kit could you cut me a break and ship a motor for 60.00. ANSWER: NO. now i dont know about you people but thats just BAD BUSINESS.

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
His policy is if you are not happy with the product,,as long as you don't use it you can send it back for an exchange or refund,,buyer pays shipping,,also the motor/kit has a 30 day guarantee if something breaks,,you need to take a picture of the part and email it to him,, or if its the motor ship it back,,they will inspect it and send you another for free if it wasn't your fault.You must pay shipping though.I will probably deal with luckyearlybird for my next build,,they seem a little more friendly,,as they sent me a new gas tank for $12 last week(super fast shipping) cause mine was leaking from stud,,if I shipped my old one back paying shipping they would have sent me a new one free,,but I kept the old one which was only getting wet by the stud,,for parts or an attempted weld job YIKES!!.

Last edited:

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I got this kit from ebay for $105 + $30 shipping. Here is what the motor looked like when I opened the box. As you can see the plate that covers the magneto and coil is broken. It is clearly off center and cracked and won't seal properly. The screws are screwed in at an angle. I did not try to take off the plate or open the motor. It looks like it could have been dropped or maybe damaged in shipping I don't know. I am sending the motor back today for an exchange.

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
you just got a bad kit. ive used cheap ebay kits and put well over 1000 miles on them.

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Just got back from a 25 mile ride on my luckyearlybird kit and she is breaking in nice,,was cruisin 20-23 the whole way,,tucked in and opened it up once she did 28 but started to slobber so I figure another 100 miles and shell be rippin it up,,ready for a 36 tooth sprocket,,get that cruisin speed up a little and the R's down...lol

Good times...

Tom:)

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Ifyou want a good engine that was assembled here in the US in a thing called Dwayne at ThatsDax.com he builds the engines personally himself . I talked to him today and he said his new vitamins will come with the one piece crank shaft and is balanced .with a warranty course course he gets a cough more dollars but that's what happens when you buy quality .I bought a bottom in from him cause I need to accord shaft and when I got it was assembled with all case harden allen bolts.even eight millimeter cylinders studs we're case harden . it doesn't get any better when you warranty and the person you bought from actually answers the phone every time .you won't see anything on the form hear about a DAX motor taking a crap . it's a known fact that eBay engines are C&D Grade. I'll buy some of parts , but the engines or kits. If I can talk to you you're not getting my money.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I think the above statement is misleading....since when does Duane personally build these engines? Also, the hardware may be better, but unlikely they are "case hardened".
Maybe Duane will weigh in here to straighten a few things out?

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
The crankcase is only so hard,,whats it made of,,aluminum,,why the need for such overkill on the hardware.Its a good idea to upgrade hardware from the kit little by little,,but that seems a bit over board to me for a china girl.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
More likely its 8mm. I don't think anyone makes a 66cc with 6mm studs anymore. As I recall they had a problem with the studs snapping due to them being too narrow .

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Just to inform people here, I have bought over 20 kits from ming and rose326 and the ONLY problem I have had was one bad coil which he replaced free.
I do pull the jugs and cleanout the bottom end on all new engines and I'm very careful not to strip the cheese hardened screws in case I find damage.