First timer

GoldenMotor.com

Dasmailca

Mar 20, 2013
Nova Scotia
I got interested.
I bought a kit off the Internet (had no idea what I was doing)
I bought a new Norco hybrid for a really good deal (half price).
I put it together using lots of tips off u tube and forums. I had to make an adapter for the motor mount on the frame, bent the exhaust to miss the pedals,twisted the tensinor to make it line up and drove down my driveway , popped the clutch and WoW , it started. Have gone through 2 tanks of gas and it works perfect , not as noisy as I expected, not as much vibration as I expected. It's awesome. What did I do wrong ? I love it.
I have an early sixties tandem hanging in my garage and I thinking of motorizing it. (Wife wants to ride too). I'm hooked I love these bikes.
Yes that is snow.
Trying to upload pics

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome to the forum.

Some may say you "got lucky".

I say you likely took your time and know which end of the screwdriver to hold onto. ;)

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Members have not only motorized tandem bikes, but one guy competed in the Spookytooth Death Race on one.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. Sounds to me as if you took the advice you found and applied it correctly. And that you, as Joe said, know your way around a tool box.
Congratulations. I hope our forum was at least some help to you building a first time successful bike.
Have fun, ride safe.

Tom

Dasmailca

Mar 20, 2013
Nova Scotia
Thank you guys for being so welcoming.

I have a thousand questions.
Are there better quality engines ?
What about the Huffy plain Jane cruiser from Walmart ?Will it stand up.
I kinda like the look of it and its on sale this week.
Will the chain be too long on the tandem ? Will the 60cc be enough to power it?

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I have trouble loading pictures onto post directly from my smart phone. I can put them into an album then copy the url then load it on the picture icon attachment.

On the tandom consider front and rear wheel motors. There's several ways to set that up and this is the place to teach you how to do it.