Planning for a build, need help!

GoldenMotor.com

Sheriff John

Jan 18, 2011
San Diego
I had a firmstrong cruiser a while ago, and all the spacing was wrong. The chain was shredding the tire because the rear hub was too small. All the bars were too big or small, etc. but the bike was excellent.

I saw the Oceans Pacific Beach Cruiser on Walmart.com, and it seems like a great deal. 26" Beach Cruiser Ocean Pacific Men's Bicycle - Walmart.com

But how is the spacing on it? Will i have to modify anything, or will everything finally work the first time for a change?

Last edited:

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Last edited:

Sheriff John

Jan 18, 2011
San Diego
Shoot... Well, what bike can i get that i dont need to modify anything as far as mounts or sprockets go? I had a **** of a time with my last build, so i dont want that to happen again. I like the firmstrong beach cruisers, but the chain shredds the rear tire, and i would love to keep them on there. I also want to keep the original coasters and not want to modify the brake arm. Please help, i only need a bike, and then i will start the build.

Links help by the way. Thanks Al.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I built two Firmstrong cruisers And one Micargi cruiser with HT engines. On all 3 I had to change to 1.195 tires along with sprocket mounted with dish out to keep chains from rubbing the tires.

Nearly every bike build with these kits needs the engine mounts adapted in some way.

Sheriff John

Jan 18, 2011
San Diego
ok, so i think i will get a Firmstrong Urban. What tire do i need? Can i have a link to it on amazon, along with the inner tube? Thanks guys, you have been a great help!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
ok, so i think i will get a Firmstrong Urban. What tire do i need? Can i have a link to it on amazon, along with the inner tube? Thanks guys, you have been a great help!
I really like the Kenda Kross type tires in 26 X 1.95, there are about three different tread patterns I believe if I remember right, but they should all work and I have had very good service from mine and I ride my bikes on very rough dirt roads being I live in the country, just put the extra heavy thorn proof tubes in them and you should be good to go.

Here is a link to a nice Kenda tire at a great price.
http://www.amazon.com/Kenda-Komfort-Bicycle-Blackwall-1-95-Inch/dp/B002DX1D6W/ref=pd_sbs_sg_5

Peace & Best wishes on the new build.

Shan

Last edited:

Sheriff John

Jan 18, 2011
San Diego
are there any thinner ones, like a 1.125 inch? I need a link though..

===========================================================

On a new subject, I need a bike that will have almost no problems. Any type or brand but it has to be under $200. Model numbers are what i need here.

An example of a problem that i cant afford to have is like on my old bike, the rear hub was smaller that the tire, so the chain hit no matter what tire we put on. I need a bike with a nice, wide rear hub. Thanks guys,

cdaviesaz

Jun 14, 2011
PNW
I have a Firmstrong CA520 and had no spacing issues with the 48cc kit from bikeberry.com. I got the bike for $200 shipped from OC Beach Bikes.

Sheriff John

Jan 18, 2011
San Diego
I bought a matte firmstrong urban in red. The bike shop was soo awesome that they even swapped both tires to 1.25 inch kevlars for no added price!

I need to order the engine, I don't know if rawmotors ships to California. I calledthem but it's just a repetitive recording saying they will go to an operator. Does Heliobikes ship to California? I know they are in Cali but just checking.