motor suggestions ?

GoldenMotor.com

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
there's some nice builds around here ... OK now that i am thoroughly confused with the multitudes of kits and mounting methods after a hard look , whats a good kit to get started with for this first one on the cheap ?.cs.

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
there all about the same, but i seem to have better luck with the grubees, for a first build i suggest the cheapest price you can find, very important to give these things a good break in ,frank

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
If I could make one suggestion. I agree to find the lowest cost, but that's obvious, as far as whom you make a purchase from is another story. I would suggest you purchase through one of the vendors on either side ----here----->
<-----------or here----------. the kit's going to come from the same country just it will be provided to you through a different vendor. (Do I have the information right guys?) You are going to want someone who has reputable customer service and is willing to uphold their promise/warranty, I don't think you are going to find that on flee-bay. You might get lucky though. This is strictly my own opinion!!I am a customer of both places and I have not had any problems with the quality of service, I have received from any of the vendors I have purchased from. I wish I could say the same for the other place.

Now I warn you.....Dude be careful, 'cause your gonna get addicted!!
Welcome to our world. Enjoy the ride.

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
i don't do flee bay, i make it a point not to do business with anyone i can't call on the phone , i was looking at this motor from gas bike
Jet 80cc 2 Stroke Bicycle Motor - Jet 80cc 2 Stroke Bicycle Engine Kit - 66cc Bicycle Engine Kit
or maybe the silver slant 48cc , i am not looking for speed, i have 6 motorcycles if i want to go fast , i am looking for assisted hill climbing ability ,
so i can enjoy getting out for my exercise instead of riding this cursed cross-trainer hooked to my bike ,its real hilly where i live and i am not 16 anymore LOL.trlrl.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I've talked to Ricky Shi at Boy Go Fast on eBay several times and our problem was settled with no troubles and I have since bought from him several times, rings, gaskets and the like. I even got a CNS V1 carb from him that works great. Beware of any kit boasting the CNS V2 carb. It has a red cover and works like crap. Most polite thing you can say about it :p

In all actuality a 49 might be best. For 1 thing they run smoother than a 66. To make the 66 all the Chinese did was bore the jug and make a bigger, heavier, piston and not balance the new setup. Second thing is that in most states it's as large as it's "supposed" to be with 50 cc being the legal limit although you can't tell the difference externally.

With the criteria of hillclimbing ability one of your first mods should be a bigger gear to make the climbing easier on the motor(and you) On my 28" wheel I use a 56 tooth gear, on a 26" I'd say a 48 or 50 with the preference on the 50.

At the same time I'd suggest a Sick Bike Parts expansion chamber with the add-on muffler. Best single performance part you can get.

With a 49cc motor, bigger gear, and the SBP pipe you'll be conquering the Tennessee hills in no time .shft.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
For your first build, I'd say go with an inframe 2 stroke, but stay away from the CNS carb, be sure to find something that comes with an NT carb.

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
Yeah stay away from the CNS V2 carb with the red air cover. These things are a POS! I heard CNS V1 are all good, but the V2 are poo poo.

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
i am motorcycle savy , i know Mikunis , Keihin ,Weber, and Dellortos , so help me out here ...i have saw the CNS v2 carb with the red air cleaner and have already been informed by a friend of mine they are no good , now i think the CNS 1 comes standard in most kits ? i have no idea what you are talking about when you refer to a NT carb ? .duh.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
For cheap longivity, start with a 4-stroke and shop around for a good deal. Or buy just about any Chinese kit and take it from there.....it's a cheap way to get started.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
highly recommend buying from these guys

2 Stoke Bike Engine Kits

bought from them to replace my grubee motor. gotta say, their motor was in much better quality than the grubee one was.

the main thing that sold me on it was "My wrist pins are rated for 27,000 rpm’s most other engines are only rated for 6000 rpm’s (if your lucky)." http://www.daemonbikes.com/pages/Why-are-our-kits-better?.html
granted your not going to be going up to 27,000rpm. but it's reassuring to know that if something does happen that wrist pin won't shatter.

also free shipping is nice too :3

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
i think i am going with the 49 cc silver slant , because i want minimal noise and vibration , i don't know what carb that kit has in it ? i think i also want it to free wheel so i can pedal the bike regularly with out all the drag ..

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yeah stay away from the CNS V2 carb with the red air cover. These things are a POS! I heard CNS V1 are all good, but the V2 are poo poo.
I haven't met a CNS carb that I've liked yet, reminds me of the old Jikov carb on my old CZ 250......junk! Does Bing still make carbs?

All of my japanese and chinese 2-stroke scooter motors have Walbro or Zama carbs on them and they work great!